Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota IQ Bluetooth Recommendations Please

Dazzys

Hi All,

My daughter gets her first car tomorrow, a 2013 IQ. The car does not have bluetooth installed and this is something she really needs. Does anyone have any recommendations so she can listen to her iPhone through the cars Speakers, etc?

Thanks in advance

Daz

• Like 1

Parrot MKl 9000. Got it in mine and it's great, you don't need a screen, this works off voice recognition. Got the mic up on roof lining by mirror and control on dash to left of steering column opposite to were electric mirror controls are. I had it professionally installed.  Well worth it. Can stream music too.

28 minutes ago, en8wall69 said:

Parrot MKl 9000. Got it in mine and it's great, you don't need a screen, this works off voice recognition. Got the mic up on roof lining by mirror and control on dash to left of steering column opposite to were electric mirror controls are. I had it professionally installed.  Well worth it. Can stream music too.

Thanks mate for the reply. Don't suppose you have a pic of it in the car do you?

Here you go. Just took these. The Parrot website will give you more info but this is by far the most discreet set up I came across. Had it in 3 years now, no issues.

20180507_202014.jpg

20180507_202001.jpg

20180507_201938.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks again Mate. What did it end up costing you including fitting?

Hi, I have the iO Play that I fitted. SEE HERE for a link to my thread. I is also good for streaming music from your phone through the cars Speakers.

Saw this but wouldn't have a clue how to install it!

You can hey the Parrot MKI9000 new on eBay for £99.99. Try a local car stereo centre, they did mine.

Local store wants £350 fitted...not gonna happen!

That's ridiculous,  probably doesn't want the job. It was about 2 hours labour when I had mine done. Shop around, you'll get a better price. If you call Parrot UK they may be able to recommend an authorised dealer.

I'm quite handy at DIY and wouldn't mind having a go myself to save her some money if only there was a guide!

Guides are on Internet and videos on You Tube. I googled "fitting parrot mki9000" and it gives you full guide from Parrot.

Thanks but I can't find one that's specific to a Toyota IQ...

Yeah, there's the Parrot instructions that will tell you how to fit it but you tube vids are for other cars. Biggest issue is getting trim off.  There are tools you can get to get trim off easier. Place that did mine in North London had done IQ''s before.

which shop in North London mate?   We're not too far from there.

Creative Car Sounds, 882 Green Lanes, Winchmore Hill, N21. 020 8364 1002. I dealt with a guy called Neal. They did mine Aug 2014.

simply plug in a bluetooth dongle into the AUX plug (about £10) on eBay or Amazon and connect to that, unless she'd like to answer calls in which case I'd suggest the Parrot

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Just wondering if anyone has any images from under the dash of how their Parrot bluetooth kit is connected?? I've got the 9100 model; can access the radio/cd player and have a good plan for getting it all installed.  However, I am a little confused with the iso connectors and what goes where.  I think I can see the connections between the parrot blue box and the radio/cd player for Speakers and radio.  However, there is a couple of grey connectors coming from the blue box which I am not sure what to connect too??  Has anyone got any images of what all the connectors clip to under the dash??  Any thoughts/images gratefully received.  Thanks, Mark. 

Ive got one of these currently...never given me an issue and works really well...

Just to add if you did take the plunge with one of these i took the initial centre console off, to wire in the aux, literally prising the side of the part above to tuck in the main cable to the display. Then take the passenger side plastics off (just in front of your knees) come up the far left hand side of the car, again prize the pillar off to run both the mic and the DAB aerial...my DAB aerial sits right above the passengers head tucked inbetween the roof liner and the roof (you can just pull the rubber seal off) its not glued in.

https://www.pure.com/en-GB/audio-hifi/car-audio/car-radios/highway-600-black/p/147997

Not very difficult to fit....literally the whole dashboard is a "pull off" type affair.....however i am currently in the process of going to a double din setup...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm a cheapskate, so went for one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B099K591CG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It plugs in to the car's Aux socket and can play audio Bluetoothed from your phone. Power comes from the 12v socket, for which I bought a double socket plug so that I can also charge my phone. The wiring is reasonably neat. If I break my journey, when I get back in the car it even picks up the music where I left off.

I bought a cheapo cradle for the phone which mounts on one of the central air vents for access to music controls, maps etc.

Total outlay was about £20. Great for audio streaming and navigation apps. I'm not so confident about using it for calls, but I don't like making or taking those when I'm driving anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links