Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 IQ Front OS Wing Removal / Replacement

TomR

Hi All,

Been a lurker for a fair while now, it's time I had a post.

My other half has owned her Toyota IQ3 since it was new in 2009. Its been well looked after but she ran over a plant pot the other day and it caught under the OSF wheel arch and damaged a lot of the front wing. Thankfully, I've managed to source a colour matched used replacement from our favourite auction site (others are available).

What I'd like to know is: Has anyone else change a wing themselves? I'm assuming they are a doddle however I thought that about the door cards but then found out they were a right PITA to get on/off.

Can anyone help please?

Tom

Start by removing the small black plastic trim just in front of the door mirror, another bolt is just below, and right down the bottom at the sill... however I believe you need to remove the front bumper which is a whole other story. I've never changed the wing but looks like the bolts disappear under the front bumper. Anyway good luck :)

Bumper is a 10 minute job to remove, A row of bolts underneath and a few plastic plugs under the bonnet and it just unclips from the sides. I have taken the bumper off a number of times to fit a horn, change the Badge etc.

Craig.

Ah thank you so much for the advice both of you, looks like it's not as bad as I thought it was. I'll post back with more detailed info once I've done it. Hopefully someone else will benefit from it.