Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

airbags

Blooboy

'I've just had my airbags fault diagnosed and the result is : "B1660 P seat airbag active mode indicator", has anyone had this problem before and what way was it resolved, please, thank you Dee' 

You have posted in the Corolla thread but your profile shows a Rav, what car are you talking about?

The code suggests the display on the dash which shows if the Passenger airbag is on/off is disconnected or faulty 

Hi and so sorry for the mistake, the 2006 Corolla is my sons car and the one in question. 

Could this fault code be the cause for recall possibly.   My son received the recall letter but the car was ok at the time.   I called the local Toyota dealers to find out what to do.   Yes the car was on the recall list, but there was a 8 month waiting time just to have it diagnosed, which Toyota would be charging us for.   Does anyone know exactly what the fault is, could this be the fault in our car, if we fix it now and pay for it then Toyota would not need to recall it.   And what if it is dangerous and people have died from it, I wouldn't be happy driving the car for the next 8 months.  If we could find out what exactly is the cause for recall, if someone on these forums has been through this maybe could enlighten us which we would really appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

If the car is involved in an official recall by Toyota and DVSA, the work involved in carrying out the recall is done free of charge to the owner. Presumably the recall letter you've had related to the Takata airbag recalls, which involves millions of vehicles globally and across at least 15 vehicle manufacturers, hence the possible 8 month wait (although it may be worthwhile checking with your local Toyota dealer what the current situation is as regards the supply of replacement airbags). 

Provided you still have the recall letter, using DVSA's recall checker together with the recall reference on the recall letter, you should be able to identify which recall affects your vehicle. See https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-recall

If the fault code relates to a different issue to that of the recall (which is what Devon Aygo suggests), I would surmise that any diagnosis and repair for this different fault would be chargeable.

13 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If the fault code relates to a different issue to that of the recall (which is what Devon Aygo suggests), I would surmise that any diagnosis and repair for this different fault would be chargeable.

Thank you frostyballs for the reply.

This is what I wanted to know, what fault is to do with the recall, I know it has to do with the passenger seat but is it a light on fault or maybe defective airbags.   I read that the big problems were in USA and the airbags were defective in that they deployed without warning and the passengers were showered with shards of metal.   Possibly the probs in Europe are different, I don't know, but I'll just go ahead and get the warning light fault repaired, just to be on the safe side, thanks all for the effort, appreciate.   Dee

The wife’s Auris Hybrid is in at Lindop tomorrow for mot/service/hybrid Battery health check AND recall on the passenger air bag. We had the car 12 months now and didn’t know about the recall, though we sold early Feb a Yaris diesel and we knew for at least 10 months that was due for recall but in the long wait - there are a lot of cars in the recall and not only Toyota I believe.

Hi Catlover, it's reckoned to be in the millions atm, God only knows what the final figure will be, also the airbags manufacturer Takata have been bankrupted or so I have read.

This Corolla is my sons car but has been redundant from I got my RAV4, and he inherited my 08 Auris SR180, which he seems to like very much, (shocker there).   So I have been given the Corolla to MOT and sell.   I think I have got the short straw.

So now we still have all Toyotas each, wife RAV 4 2.2L, me RAV 4 2.2L Inv, daughter Auris 1400 petrol, and son has Auris SR180, and all is peaceful again in our family.

Thank you all again, best regards Dee

Does anyone know how long the air bag change takes?

Quotes have been 1 - 4 hrs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links