Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Immobiliser Fault

JonathanKiely

So I recently had a check engine light come up on the dash; I brought it to a mechanic to plug it into the diagnostics computer, the result told me that the immobiliser isn’t speaking to my engine but the car still starts and drives. My immobiliser light has stopped flashing and is now just a constant red. I’ve had my keys checked and there working fine. My mechanic doesn’t know what it could be, any help would greatly be appreciated.

There may be a Battery in the alarm siren located in the bodywork that has failed. If you can find the siren, you should be able to replace the internal Battery.

Otherwise, is your car 12V Battery fully charging or is it near the end of its life and going to expire? If the latter, it can cause odd anomalies like the alarm appearing to malfunction. A new battery fixes a lot of such problems so get the 12V car battery drop tested to eliminate it as a cause.

When you put the key in, the light changes from flashing red to solid red? Never seen that before. The alarm/immobiliser ECU is behind the dash where the steering wheel is not easy to get to, it is linked to the ECU also.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links