Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Indicators and hazards not working

Robster69

Hi, My Aygo indicators and hazards do not work. Car has been left standing for 12 months, so Battery was flat. After an overnight trickle charge, Battery voltage is upto 12.2v. All other electrics work. I have checked fuses in fuse box under bonnet (behind battery), and fuses mounted either side of the round dash pod that shows you vehicle speed...etc). All ok. I am expecting to find a flasher unit/relay needs replacing, but cannot locate it. Anybody else had this issue?

Moved to the Aygo club.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I know it's a bit late in the day but I had the same problem.

It was the switch button. I think the electrical terminals were dirty. After pressing the switch a number of times it started working. It worked for me, hope it works for you.

Regards

Peter

• 1 year later...

Spent 2 months looking for the same issue spent about 200 up to now inficators and hazards not working also back light dash was out I went and bought a new set of clocks as this flasher relay no one can fined is in the clocks cost me 40 from scrap yard now all working fine and this is on a Toyota aygo 2010 ...

On 5/11/2018 at 6:15 PM, Robster69 said:

Hi, My Aygo indicators and hazards do not work. Car has been left standing for 12 months, so battery was flat. After an overnight trickle charge, battery voltage is upto 12.2v. All other electrics work. I have checked fuses in fuse box under bonnet (behind battery), and fuses mounted either side of the round dash pod that shows you vehicle speed...etc). All ok. I am expecting to find a flasher unit/relay needs replacing, but cannot locate it. Anybody else had this issue?

Change your dash clocks  should sort it as the flasher relay is set in the clocks mine was the same now working fine but be careful when buying the clocks as you will.most likely end up with the mileage off the othere car as I did whent from 51000 to 104000....

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 7:32 AM, peter.ling24@gmail.com said:

Hi,

I know it's a bit late in the day but I had the same problem.

It was the switch button. I think the electrical terminals were dirty. After pressing the switch a number of times it started working. It worked for me, hope it works for you.

Regards

Peter

Hi peter, just had exactly the same problem and wondering where you can locate the switch you mention above??would prefer to give this a try rather than a new clock!

Thanks

richard

I had this problem a lot over the years doing MOT's on cars after they had been parked up for a while.In 99% of the cases i sat pressing the hazard switch on & off for a while which sorted them.Best of luck i hope it works on yours.

• 9 months later...

X5Ken - many thanks for your post. My Wife is front line NHS and her car (Honda CRV) lease expired yesterday and replacement not arrived due to COVID 19 lock down; she elected to use our Daughters C1, which has been unused for a couple of months or so. Came home from hospital  this morning after night shift, no indicators (or hazards as I established) checked fuses, all ok - followed a couple of other suggestions and was about to start phoning around garages to see where was open  when I came across your post.

Spot on - both hazards and indicators now working !!!!

Extreme thanks, she will be back in work tonight thanks to you.

• 10 months later...

I can't believe it !! I'd just about reluctantly resigned to the fact that it was going to cost me £250.00 to have a new indicator arm fitted at my local garage as I didn't feel capable of fitting a new one (having seen the YouTube videos) when I came across this blog. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH !! my daughter's little C1 has been standing for the best part of a year with little use and the hazards switch wouldn't work nor would the indicators. Tried the repeated switching on and off and suddenly it worked. tried the same with the indicators and eventually they worked too. 

12 hours ago, Charle de Gaulle said:

Tried the repeated switching on and off and suddenly it worked. tried the same with the indicators and eventually they worked too. 

Corrosion of the switch contacts is a regular problem on especially the indicator stalk.

It's unfortunate to the people's cars it's happend to but I did chuckle to myself if these were BMW or Audi drivers they would not have even noticed the indicators not working. 😉

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for these posts. During lockdown my daughters Toyota Aygo was not being used. When we took it out the indicators and indicators did not work. I checked the fuse it was fine and the indicator lights externally flashed when opening / locking the car. I booked into a garage to get fixed then found these posts on line. I pushed the hazard lights  button several times and they started working. I then moved the indicator stalk up and down several times and eventually these started working. Cancelled garage. Very happy. Thanks again

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your posts they are giving me hope. I’ve got the hazards working again but still no indicators. I’ll keep going 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links