Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABS fault

Itzzemiilyx

Hi, 

My abs light has been on for a few months now it started as being every now and again but it's been on constantly for maybe just over a month now and I'm in no situation to be paying the ridiculous costs my local garage are wanting to charge me they've quoted £70 for a diagnostic before any work and told me to expect the worst as normally when abs comes on its the ECU that may need replacing and I'd be looking at around the £500 mark so I've decided to have a look myself. 

So I found a video on YouTube about resetting the ABS light by connecting a jumper wire from pin 4 to pin 13 where the OBD sensor goes and pressing the brake 8 times. This hasn't reset the light but I've managed to read the code it's giving. The ABS flashes 3 times pauses then 7 times before going off for roughly 4 seconds then repeating again. I've read somewhere that code 37 is a faulty rear speed sensor rotor and was wondering if anyone could explain to me how I would go about checking that part and possibly replacing it if it needs replacing? 

I have basic electrical engineering knowledge with me working as a technician so I think I'd be able to fix this myself 🤣

Replace the wheel hub/bearing hub as this contains the speed sensor. Should cost less than £100 for parts and labour.

But you need to confirm if it's the connection from the sensor to the ECU or the sensor is faulty. You can remove the connector at the wheel hub and measure the resistance. 

What year is your car?

13 minutes ago, Perfection said:

Replace the wheel hub/bearing hub as this contains the speed sensor. Should cost less than £100 for parts and labour.

But you need to confirm if it's the connection from the sensor to the ECU or the sensor is faulty. You can remove the connector at the wheel hub and measure the resistance. 

What year is your car?

It's 2007.

• 4 years later...

Hey there Itzzemiilyx, few years later but did you manage to find out which one was the issue and did you replace it, just curious as I am having the same issue and used the bridged obd method to get the code