Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great car, awful dealer!

phillev

I've had my Aygo for two weeks now a nice low mileage 2015 model which I'm pleased with but the service from my dealer has been shoddy. When I looked at the car I was told it had a full dealer history but upon getting home and looking through the service book it was missing a stamp for 2017 and they didn't put in the MOT certificate in the binder. I spoke to them and they assured me it had been serviced and they would send me a fully stamped book with the MOT which I then got in the post a few days later, great I thought only to find that they'd sent me an MOT for a RAV4! I've now given up on that as they fail to answer emails and cannot pass on messages. I have now received the V5 and have now checked it's history on Toyota's website and guess what there is no date for 2017 and the MOT mileage is 500 miles wrong too. I'm now waiting for proof of service from them on Monday so we'll see how that goes and to cap it all off the grease monkey who worked on it did the oil cap up so tight we had to use brute force to remove it and the mats they put in it were second hand. It's a shame my experience has been ruined by a poor dealer who's name rhymes with a dodgy American actor who's into martial arts.... Sorry couldn't resist that little joke to be fair though he'd probably do a better job.

• Like 1

Not good news at all, we got our Peugeot 108 from franchise Peugeot dealer last year, to be fair we had some issues, which they sorted out without any hassle, the only hassle was having keep going back to the dealer, luckily they not too far away. Is your dealer franchise or independant. 

One of our problems was MOT, it was supposed to have a years MOT put on as it near end manufacturer's warranty, but it didn't so meant another trip back to the dealer.

They are the biggest Toyota dealership chain in Europe, apparently.

I can't see their service improving now that they have a near monopoly of dealers in East Anglia and beyond (22, I think?).

"They fail to answer emails and cannot pass on messages", one branch near me is exactly the same, perhaps it's company policy...

I've never thought of similarly-named, dodgy actor Steven Seagal when dealing with them, but I shall now; perhaps I can manage a smile when things go wrong.

52 minutes ago, Gerg said:

I can't see their service improving now that they have a near monopoly of dealers in East Anglia and beyond (22, I think?).

"They fail to answer emails and cannot pass on messages", one branch near me is exactly the same, perhaps it's company policy...

I've never thought of similarly-named, dodgy actor Steven Seagal when dealing with them, but I shall now; perhaps I can manage a smile when things go wrong.

Even the APR rate on their website is wrong which I told them about two weeks ago and they still haven't changed it. They have until tomorrow afternoon then I'll let Toyota deal with the matter.

1 hour ago, Gerg said:

I'd never heard of them, but due to google I do now, so I understand the rhyming slang at last!

To be fair, I was a bit nervous going to franchise dealer again after so many years, cos regardless of car make they all been pretty useless for sales for me, ironically the parts department peeps always been very good and been very helpful. The sales guys have all the patter, then once you signed on the line, the service seems to drop off a tad! Saying that we had some warranty issues with our Peugeot dealer which were sorted without question, so some faith restored.

Bought a few cars from independant traders in the past and had good service from them, probably cos they got more to loose.

I spoke to the sales manager yesterday who then e-mailed me a copy of the service check sheet that was dated December 15th 2017 which doesn't relate to the updated service book stamp which was June 2017. It wouldn't surprise me if the checklist was fabricated as the mileage doesn't tie up either 3181 as opposed to 2338. She put this down to it getting muddled up with another car to which I responded that the first and third stamps were correct. I think I'm being fed a load of BS.

You may get a more satisfactory response dealing directly with the service department.

1 hour ago, phillev said:

the mileage doesn't tie up either 3181 as opposed to 2338.

Agree with Frosty, rule no 1, never believe any sales persons words, contact the service dept direct, if you must.

If you really want some first hand info, perhaps a letter to request help/infop from the original owner might clear things up ..? (assuming it was a private owner)

Personally I would not be bothered about one service being missed, with that very low mileage as long as its had one engine  oil change between 1 and 2 years old I would be more than happy its ok, other than that there would have been little , if anything else needed doing apart from routine checking.

Whenever I get a car, even with a supposed service record I will often change the engine oil and filter for a brand I prefer, just for my own peace of mind, typically  £35 for the oil  and 20 mins diy work, most garages will do it for you too.

On 12/05/2018 at 5:18 PM, phillev said:

It's a shame my experience has been ruined by a poor dealer who's name rhymes with a dodgy American actor who's into martial arts.

i wouldn't worry about shaming a dealership Lexus Chester are the worst ever dealership and i hope they go bust as they wont be a loss to the motor industry,

but there again i've told them to their face what i think of them so they know how i feel ,  i now have a good relationship with Lexus Liverpool they are brilliant

and recently i purchased a 11month old car from them so Chesters loss.

have to agree about not believing sales people i asked what my road tax would be and was told £130 when i collected the car i found out it was in fact £440

as the car fell into the bracket where there is an extra £310 / yr to pay , from the 7th year it is in fact £130