Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Locking wheel nuts or standard wheel nuts

chana100red

I am struggling to find a reseller to stock wheel nuts for my Toyota Avensis T25 D-CAT diesel 2.2.  It does have after market alloy wheel and missing one nut as I have my MOT this friday and was told it will fail on that.

Does anyone know where i can purchase just standard wheel nuts for my vehicle or even locking nuts to fit my car.

Any advise or help would be most appreciated...

cheers

dee

They are always available on eBay. Many aftermarket alloys have tapered nut seats. You cannot use standard Toyota wheel nuts (which are flat) on this type. Is this why you've dropped one? 

Hi Thanks for your reply.  I noticed 3 nuts were loose a week ago and possibly someone was trying to steal my alloys.  The other side of the car has a missing nut which I believe someone stole.  All the nuts were there when I bought the car with no missing buts.

Every time I check compatibility on eBay if my car is compatible it says not.  Even though the locking wheel nuts would probably fit.  I wish I had kept my old 2004 Avensis locking nuts when I had to sell it.

any good tyre dealer should have them.

ok thanks for that - i will check a few out tomorrow.  

Please update your profile to include the Avensis

Just changed it - thanks for that!

15 hours ago, chana100red said:

I noticed 3 nuts were loose a week ago and possibly someone was trying to steal my alloys.  The other side of the car has a missing nut which I believe someone stole.  All the nuts were there when I bought the car with no missing buts.

Every time I check compatibility on ebay if my car is compatible it says not.  Even though the locking wheel nuts would probably fit.  I wish I had kept my old 2004 Avensis locking nuts when I had to sell it.

Obviously it's possible that someone has removed some nuts but I'm sceptical.  Check whether your wheels need flat bottom nuts or tapered bottom ones.  Look inside the hole - if the bottom face is flat it needs flat nuts, but if it's like an inverted pyramid shape it needs tapered ones.  If the wrong type are fitted they can come loose by themselves.

It is certainly bizarre event as to how the three wheel nuts became loose.  It is fine now but am missing one.....strange!

I have just managed to find a supplier or will also contact Europarts to see if they have any in stock.

thanks for your help!