Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High speed milage, hybrid vs non-hybrid

nielshm

We just been to Crete, and have a 50 mile drive to the airport. Some how we miscalculated the time to wake up, so we were an hour late. It was the middle of the night, so I could go pretty fast. 100 mph GPS speed with speed pilot for 25 miles, returned a average of just 27 mpg, it takes a lot to raise the speed from 80 to 100 mph. 

Now I have the nonhybrid with real CVT, so I wonder what a hybrid could perform under pressure? My RPM's were 3600, so engine noise was pretty low, wind noise however, pretty high... 

Not sure you will get many answers. 

In the UK the National speed limit is 70mph - motorways and some dual carriageways. If caught driving at 100mph one faces being fined between 125% and 175% of one's weekly wage subject to a maximum of £1,000 for non-motorways and £2,500 for motorways. Plus a possibility of a driving ban - an instant ban if travelling at 45% more than the speed limit in force where caught.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good answer mate, 

• 2 months later...

Hybrid would have returned 23-25 mpg mate. A friend has the hybrid of the 2018 and while in normal driving, specially in town achieves better mpg than mine, in open road and under pressure he consumes more!!

Mod edit: shouting removed - please do not use only upper case when posting.