Do Not Sell My Personal Information

** Warranty issue "" toyota auris hybrid 2014

difficult

I have bought toyota auris hybrid 2014 with 40k miles on the clock. 

What sort of manufacturers warranty I get with the car and what sort of things will be covered under warranty. 

I went to local garage, they said, my car does not need service for next one year but I'll want to get it checked from toyota and if there any software update etc. 

My Battery doesn't charging to 100%, is it normal? 

Provided it is a UK market vehicle, it will have the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, hybrid components warranty and hybrid Battery warranty.

Toyota service intervals are either 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Intermediate services are due at  1 year/10,000 miles, 3 years/30,000 miles, etc. Full services are due at 2 years/20,000 miles, 4 years/40,000 miles, etc. So at 40,000 miles it should have had two Intermediate services and two Full services (the second of which should have been done recently are be due to be done). 

If it has been serviced outside of the Toyota dealer network - at a VAT registered garage -  invoices will be required to prove it has been serviced according to Toyota's requirements, otherwise any future warranty claim may be affected.

4 hours ago, difficult said:

My battery doesn't charging to 100%, is it normal? 

If you mean the main drive/traction Battery my understanding is that it is except under rare circumstances.

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Provided it is a UK market vehicle, it will have the remainder of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty, hybrid components warranty and hybrid battery warranty.

Toyota service intervals are either 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Intermediate services are due at  1 year/10,000 miles, 3 years/30,000 miles, etc. Full services are due at 2 years/20,000 miles, 4 years/40,000 miles, etc. So at 40,000 miles it should have had two Intermediate services and two Full services (the second of which should have been done recently are be due to be done). 

If it has been serviced outside of the Toyota dealer network - at a VAT registered garage -  invoices will be required to prove it has been serviced according to Toyota's requirements, otherwise any future warranty claim may be affected.

Excellent post man.... 

It's ex British telecom car and I have got a receipt proving when it had been serviced. 

So far, there is nothing wrong with the car but I just wanted to get things checked, just in a case..... 

I'm at work at the moment but I'm try to download the documents regarding its previous service history. 

My car has done only 40k miles 

2 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

If you mean the main drive/traction battery my understanding is that it is except under rare circumstances.

Charging the Battery to around 80% or so, not more, prolongs the Battery life.

14 hours ago, furtula said:

Charging the battery to around 80% or so, not more, prolongs the battery life.

It's my first hybrid and my family is watching if this hybrid goes well, especially toyota warranty etc. 

This car has done 4k since last service and my local garage had a look, they said, everything look fine... 

But I'll love to use my warranty to get my car inspected 

IMG_20180515_071156.jpg

It looks like the service intervals are a little awry. The Toyota service interval is 12 months/10,000miles, whichever is sooner.

The first service is ok date wise but at 11,599, the 2nd service is also out, but the 3rd service is way out...date is ok but mileage has gone from 21,798 to 36,219 so over 14,000 between service. 

and what do you mean by "But I'll love to use my warranty to get my car inspected" ????

Servicing carried out late will be taken into account in the case of a maintenance related failure. The new car warranty covers manufacturing defects.

with it saying fleet solution i take it the car is probably an ex rep car and i am sure

i have read somewhere that company cars have a 15000 mile service interval

as generally they are on the motorway .

if this is the case then the car has been serviced on time

thats an interesting point, eygo

22 minutes ago, eygo said:

with it saying fleet solution i take it the car is probably an ex rep car and i am sure

i have read somewhere that company cars have a 15000 mile service interval

as generally they are on the motorway .

if this is the case then the car has been serviced on time

The "rep" mileage only applied to Toyotas 2.0 diesel fitted to Avensis, Verso & Rav (pre the BMW engine) only on cars sold by Toyota directly to feet companies and was upto 12500 miles/12months nothing got 15000 and certainly not Petrols/Hybrids

On 14/05/2018 at 3:49 PM, Heidfirst said:

If you mean the main drive/traction battery my understanding is that it is except under rare circumstances.

I have never drive any hybrid car before, that's why I was concerned the way hybrid Battery operates in my car. 

This car is supposed to be under warranty, I want to take advantage of manufacturerers warranty to get done check up on my car, including hybrid Battery health check and software update etc.... 

The new car warranty doesn't include such checks free of charge. You would probably need to approach a Toyota dealer and either book a service or negotiate a price for what you want. As far as I'm aware the hybrid health check is free when done with a service.

6 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The new car warranty doesn't include such checks free of charge. You would probably need to approach a Toyota dealer and either book a service or negotiate a price for what you want. As far as I'm aware the hybrid health check is free when done with a service.

I have got a week off at end of May, I'll try to contact with local toyota dealer to find out about warranty. 

I also wanted to know, what mileage I'm getting with my auris, as car trip computer and main computer are giving different information. 

I'm bit confused... 

IMG_20180509_084257.jpg

IMG_20180516_182714.jpg

IMG_20180516_182652.jpg

Looking at the top two graphs, they are 5 minute interval figures and the graphs show the average speed was 8mph and 7mph respectively, not really normal driving. I assume the 3rd reading (47.1mph) is taken over a longer distance not shown, but that may be what your average is and more realistic. If that is the case then either the type of road systems you been using is not conducive to getting the best mpg figures or your driving style needs to improve or a combination of both. If its your driving style thats affecting your mpg to its detriment, has anyone given you any driving tips?. Or perhaps, like I did, learn off this forum together with looking at You Tube videos that show good driving tips being put into practice. I suggest 47.1 can be improved to 55mpg-65mpg at this time of year ie warmer temperatures. In winter my mpg figures dropped by about 8-10 mpg as the weather went colder and the petrol engine was running more often.

The second picture shows that the car has only been running for 4 minutes which is not enough time to get max efficiency. The last picture shows the average mpg achieved since the update button was pressed on the main screen. My hybrid Battery very very rarely reaches full and it has to be on a long downhill drive and this is quite normal.

• Thanks 1

On 19/05/2018 at 8:22 PM, Slasher_uk said:

The second picture shows that the car has only been running for 4 minutes which is not enough time to get max efficiency. The last picture shows the average mpg achieved since the update button was pressed on the main screen. My hybrid battery very very rarely reaches full and it has to be on a long downhill drive and this is quite normal.

Will spotted.... 

When I power off my auris hybrid, I normally check mileage for each trip. It has giving me mileage between 65-93 mpg. I'm really impressed with this car. 

The garage I have bought my toyota auris, they told me that, they will be getting toyota Prius 2014 in stock. 

Is there any one who have driven both cars and can you let me know if its worth paying extra for prius? 

My toyota auris hybrid 2014 has got full leather seats, sporty style trims outside 

IMG_20180503_175740.jpg

Can someone also check if my car has got up to date mapes? If not, how do updates is software? 

IMG_20180518_112643__01.jpg

Between my wife and I we have a 2010 Auris Hybrid and 2010 Prius (all Prius are Hybrid).   I got the Auris Hyb first, I wanted a Prius but couldnt justify to myself the difference in price between them. They are both the same Hybrid system, so if you like the way the Auris drives you should like how the Prius drives - thats referring to the Hybrid bits ie engine and Battery system.  The suspension may feel different, as may the steering.

I liked driving the Auris Hyb, but I got the chance in feb this year to buy a private sale Prius at a good price. I jumped at it, sold the wifes Yaris diesel and gave her the Auris.  I prefer to drive the Prius, dont know why, but I am more at home with it then the Auris Hyb.  Both are T-Spirit models, which is supposedly top of the range but the Auris has part leather seats, electric foldable door mirrors, and auto lights - but non of these on the Prius.Whilst the Prius has a 7" screen with maps the Auris does not.  Strange but thats how it is.

I believe their was a Prius facelift in 2014, dont know what that included. Being longer you get more boot space in the Prius and more footroom for the rear passengers.

If you happy with the Auris Hyb I can imagine you being happy with a Prius. Let us know how you get on.

• Thanks 1

My car is fully loaded but its 2014 reg with full leather seats and keyless entry etc... 

I have sat in prius 2014 (my friend's car) , it was spacious but it didn't have any leather seats. 

What I know is, prius holds more resale value then auris... Am I right? 

Screenshot_20180506-152225__01.jpg

Resale value - I think the hybrids generally hold their resale price very well. Whether the Prius holds it better then the Auris I dont know, not really looked into it closely. I think the Prius will always be more wanted by others come resale - mainly because they are popular with taxi drivers (they hold more then Auris). The Hybrid system is the same in each though.

I have seen for sale Prius with full leather seats, but not too common. The leather seats in the 2018 models are really nice, but out of my price range. If you looking at Prius, check out the spec carefully if you really fussy about the spec. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think your nick should be a CATLOVER instead. 

So far, I'm very happy with toyota auris and I'll look and compare all the specs of Prius before making my decision. I honestly think they are different cars all together, except they share similar hybrid engine. 

One of my friend had got old prius, he told me that prius cars are low maintenance vehicles. I don't know if that applies to Toyota auris hybrid too... 

2 hours ago, difficult said:

Can someone also check if my car has got up to date mapes? If not, how do updates is software? 

It is showing 2014 maps & the latest is 2018 so no, it is not up to date ...

You need to buy the update via MyToyota, download it to your PC, expand that file to an USB memory stick which you then plug into your system & update from it. (or you can pay a dealer to do it for you)

On 5/16/2018 at 10:18 PM, Catlover said:

. I suggest 47.1 can be improved to 55mpg-65mpg at this time of year ie warmer temperatures. In winter my mpg figures dropped by about 8-10 mpg as the weather went colder and the petrol engine was running more often.

I am currently getting 59.9 out of my Auris, some A roads in slow crawling traffic, then some spirited driving on the A55 dual carriageway :lol: so it can easily be done :thumbsup:  Winter driving makes all the difference, I get down to 52 in the winter 

Kingo