Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mode button

DeTomato

I understand from the car manual that the Auto On AirCon A/C delivers air at its own fan speeds and flow direction depending on the amount of cooling required in the car to bring it down to temperature and to maintain it at the set temperature.

With Auto switched off, it reads like the air flow direction through the vents should be able to be set at whatever you like by pressing the centre Mode button. It doesn't work for me and the air flow stays where it is, even with Auto off.

Can anyone explain simply what the process and variables are for being able to select the air flow direction with Mode? Or is my Mode button not working? How can I test it's not working?

Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, thats correct for the Auto, though if you set the temp to Cold, you will be blasted by the fan on full all the time, so set the temp to a realistic value, eg 19c which gives a nice cool enviroment and the fan settles to a much lower setting after a few minutes, and it typically sends the flow out though the middle as cold air falls to the floor..  if heating in auto, it should send most of the heat out via the bottom.

In manual, the Mode switch has 4 settings, bottom only, bottom and middle, middle only, and screen and bottom , if memory serves me  right ..

With Auto off,    A/C on or off,  the Mode switch should cycle round the above, so it looks like the switch might be faulty ?

Have not taken that section apart, but you should be able to test the switch with any multimeter  on the resistance scale, though disconnect the switch before doing so, not in circuit or if not possible, disconnect the battery  before testing.

• Like 1

May sound like a silly question, but do I need to prise the Mode switch out from between the adjacent switches to test it? Not sure about these switch and how they come out otherwise. Thanks.

Hi,

No idea , never had that unit out and no info around about it.

You might prise the switch face out, but the switch body may remain...?

The switches contacts may only be  accessible from the rear ?   but as said  really do not know how they are fitted.

This vid hows how to get the whole panel off, but no idea what the switches and wiring are like behind it or how easy it will be to test the switch .?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOZay0BPeB0

• Like 1