Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Window hitting door check strap

adam73bgt

Ever since I bought my Corolla, the Drivers electric window won't go all the way down, it gets most of the way then if you hold the switch sometimes it will go 'bang' and carry on to the bottom

Having a look inside the door shows that the check strap is interfering with the window glass with the door closed

The previous owner had had both drivers and passengers check straps changed not long before I bought the car, but the passenger window goes down fine!

Are there different parts for 3 doors, 5 doors and Versos? Or can they be fitted incorrectly? Trying to work out whats causing this as I'd like to be able to put my window down/open the door without worrying its going to damage the glass!

I may have a second issue also, in the last photo, the door is open so the check strap is out of the way but the window won't go all the way down. The runners look clear of any debris and it feels more like the motor just turns off like its reached the end of its travel, rather than struggling against some obstruction. Is there a reset procedure for the electric windows?

Cheers

2018-05-13 17.44.10.jpg

2018-05-13 17.44.16.jpg

2018-05-13 17.44.24.jpg

2018-05-13 18.11.27.jpg

2018-05-13 18.12.00.jpg

Plus one on this issue. Same door, just over 3/4 of the way down and *clunk*. I'd imagine there is a different strap for 3, 5 door and Verso cars? The length and strength of them should be different because of weight and opening angle of the doors. Didn't realise this was potentially the cause. Thought it was something else because I have light scratches on the inside of the window.

Is yours a 3 door also?

Yeah mines a 3 door as well

Just had a look through the receipts with my car, looks as though the previous owner did the check straps on both doors, and both times the part number fitted was T68610-13040

I'm not sure if it should be the same part for both sides of the car, but the window working fine on my passenger side, but not the drivers side would suggest perhaps not!

If there's no online parts catalogue for Toyota, I might have to take the part number into a dealer and see what they say

• 2 years later...

Hey had this same problem with a 4 door 2004 Corolla hatchback. Passenger side worked fine but window hitting the drivers side. Honestly I don’t know why this was but I cheated and grinded down the metal to the point of contact when the door was fully closed (marking the outline with tippex) . I got away with it and tested the window several times in every position and it clears it every time now 😀

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links