Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brought a Auris Hybrid 2010

psx123

Just brought a Toyota Auris Hybrid T Spirit 2010, I was wondering a couple of things.

How can I update the sat nav for free?

Is there any problem if the car is a category S with Toyota warranty? or if I pay for the monthly fee for the service plans? and the Battery health check?

Legally one cannot update the sat nav for free.

7 hours ago, psx123 said:

Is there any problem if the car is a category S with Toyota warranty?

if it is a 2010 it is out of original factory warranty (if it was registered 1st June 2010 - March 31st 2014 then the Battery warranty it was sold with would have been 8 years/100,000 miles). https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/toyota-warranty.json

9 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

if it is a 2010 it is out of original factory warranty (if it was registered 1st June 2010 - March 31st 2014 then the battery warranty it was sold with would have been 8 years/100,000 miles). https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/toyota-warranty.json

Thanks for your reply, I've booked it in for service & MOT for £99.

They said there was a airbag recall on it so they will do it at the same time. :)

My wifes Auris 2010 Hybrid has just had the service and MOT done at the £99 price.  The service is an "Intermediate" (see your service book for what is done at a "I" service, and they change the engine oil and filter.  I payed for the filter and new sump plug/washer. I also specified 0W-20 oil and it looks like I was charged some extra for that - the "standard" oil could well be 5W-30 which is acceptable but I said if Toyotas first preference is 0W-20 then thats what I want in, especially as the car is not driven a lot of miles on normal journey and neither at high speed (probably 65 even on M-Way).

At the same time the airbag recall was doe. This is the passenger airbag, which has been a long time coming because it is a recall affecting millions of cars, not just Toyota but every manufacturer that used Takata as supplier of airbags.  Takata has since gone bankrupt and car manufactures have had to source from a different supplier.  This job can take up to 4 hours so factor that into your timing for the day.  If air filter is needed this will be extra, as 1ill spark plugs (change every 60k) and cabin filters ie pollen.

• Thanks 1

It is actually the Essential Care 'silver' service - for vehicles over 5 years old - but equivalent to an Intermediate service.

21 hours ago, Catlover said:

My wifes Auris 2010 Hybrid has just had the service and MOT done at the £99 price.  The service is an "Intermediate" (see your service book for what is done at a "I" service, and they change the engine oil and filter.  I payed for the filter and new sump plug/washer. I also specified 0W-20 oil and it looks like I was charged some extra for that - the "standard" oil could well be 5W-30 which is acceptable but I said if Toyotas first preference is 0W-20 then thats what I want in, especially as the car is not driven a lot of miles on normal journey and neither at high speed (probably 65 even on M-Way).

At the same time the airbag recall was doe. This is the passenger airbag, which has been a long time coming because it is a recall affecting millions of cars, not just Toyota but every manufacturer that used Takata as supplier of airbags.  Takata has since gone bankrupt and car manufactures have had to source from a different supplier.  This job can take up to 4 hours so factor that into your timing for the day.  If air filter is needed this will be extra, as 1ill spark plugs (change every 60k) and cabin filters ie pollen.

Can't believe you have to pay extra for the oil, for some reason  I didn't get a owners manual, is there anyway I can find one online PDF?

20 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

It is actually the Essential Care 'silver' service - for vehicles over 5 years old - but equivalent to an Intermediate service.

Do we have to pay for the oil?

Toyota's preferred oil is 0W-20, but under block exemption they cannot insist their dealers use this. Some dealers use 5W-30, and with Essential Care servicing, as margins are tight with the current service offer used by the OP (£99 for a service and MOT), and as 0W-20 is more expensive, it is possible some dealers may charge the difference between the two oils if the owner requests 0W -20 is used.

Obviously this may only be this particular dealer's policy.

Less then £5 extra to specify 0W-20 over 5W-30. I prefer to pay the extra although it wasnt conveyed to me when I booked the £99 deal, but I ok about it.

12 hours ago, psx123 said:

for some reason  I didn't get a owners manual, is there anyway I can find one online PDF?

you should still be able to order a hard copy one from a dealer (payable) or try eBay. When you need it you will probably appreciate having a hard copy rather than electronic.

5 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

you should still be able to order a hard copy one from a dealer (payable) or try ebay. When you need it you will probably appreciate having a hard copy rather than electronic.

I can't find a PDF version of it, and how would I find the exact hard copy, how do I know the part number?

5 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

you should still be able to order a hard copy one from a dealer (payable) or try ebay. When you need it you will probably appreciate having a hard copy rather than electronic.

Yeah they told me £30 for the manual only, I wanted the leather case which they don't provide :)

13 hours ago, Catlover said:

Less then £5 extra to specify 0W-20 over 5W-30. I prefer to pay the extra although it wasnt conveyed to me when I booked the £99 deal, but I ok about it.

I'll need to ask them before they do the service.

2 hours ago, psx123 said:

Yeah they told me £30 for the manual only, I wanted the leather case which they don't provide :)

you will get the manuals+case for less than that on eBay

8 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

you will get the manuals+case for less than that on ebay

Do you know where I could find the PDF?

10 hours ago, psx123 said:

Do you know where I could find the PDF?

My Google-fu is probably no better than yours ... :wink:

Hello,

I would like to acces the Product Diagnosis Menu in my Auris, but I don't know, how.

I can acces the Diagnosis Menu, but the PDM don't. I would like to calibration the touch screen.

Can you help me?

1 hour ago, furtula said:

Unfortunately not - Toyota tend to just make available manuals from around five years ago, and for the Auris there are no first generation manuals available to download (just second generation onwards - from October 2012 which is when production of the second generation started).

On 5/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, Catlover said:

658833641_IMG_20180527_0303252.jpg.3783752ffbb45b038f1ad4fe7782f7c3.jpg

Here is the results, they didn't charge me for 0w-20 I made sure they were putting that in 

I don't how they checked the break pads and disc without the wheel locking because I didn't get one with the car.🤔

does the car have locking nuts?

1 hour ago, Heidfirst said:

does the car have locking nuts?

Yep, do they have a master key or something?

8 hours ago, psx123 said:

Yep, do they have a master key or something?

Did you get a black box in the glove compartment passenger side, or maybe with the wheel jack/tools in the boot. The black box should contain the "master" wheel nut unlocker. Just one wheel locker per wheel, 4 in total, and the master wheel nut unlocker.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links