Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Plastic Trim

Mick F

I've had a bit of an incident and broken the silver plastic trim RH side front next to the front black grille.  No other damage as far as I can see.  Photo of it before the incident to show the part involved.

No doubt I can get one from our local friendly Toyota dealer, but what's the cost of them?  Is there another source?

Also, how would I fit the new one, or should I just leave it to our friendly Toyota dealer?

Mick.

Toyota Yaris Hybrid.png

One can get a price for the part by sending Parts-King a pm - need to include your reg.no.

Just had a look.

The problem is our driveway.  I reverse in sometimes and the slope is a bit sudden on the right, and as I'm a dab hand at reversing, the front valance bottomed out and caught it.  There's a scratch on the underside.  Reminder to self - - I must slow down!

The trim seems to be screwed on with self tappers from the inside, or at least the bottom of it is.  The bottom six inches has come off and the bottom of it is screwed on plus clips. The screw head isn't get-at-able easily.  Looks to me that whole front bit has to come off.

Mick.

IMG_0404.jpg

Anyone replaced this before?

Does the grille have to come off?

I may just glue the broken bit in place, and worry about it some other time maybe when it comes off again.

Does the grille have to come off?

Found this, but it's broken in the same place as mine! :biggrin:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-YARIS-2014-2017-FACELIFT-GENUINE-FRONT-BUMPER-GRILLE-53102-0D040/332631308259?epid=25018489947&hash=item4d725ef7e3:g:tssAAOSwoT1a37U2

Mick.

Does anybody else have the issue of this part constantly popping out? I do, both left and right side. I keep having to pop them back in.

yarispop.png

12 hours ago, exim said:

Does anybody else have the issue of this part constantly popping out? I do, both left and right side. I keep having to pop them back in.

No issues here so far (2015).

I bottomed-out my car the other day on a country road. Still yet to have a look at the underside to see where it caught. 😞

I've glued the broken bit back on. All you can see now is a crack.  That'll do, no doubt it'll get caught again yet, or even the other side.  Too vulnerable on rural roads.

Mick

IMG_0429.jpg