Do Not Sell My Personal Information

glove box

valentino46

Hi everyone. can anybody help with the problem of the glove compartment front has suddenly decided to drop down a lot more than normal. and it catches on something when going back up. It shuts ok but there is a plastic tube loose on the left hand side ,visible when open.     My car is 2012 t27 avensis tourer bought new ,and not mistreated ...THANKS .

There's a damper/restrictor at the left side.  It either pushes onto a little lug on the glovebox or it screws on to it (I can't remeber which is relevant to the T27).  If yours has slid off or broken etc it'll do exactly as you say.

• Like 1

Thanks Alan. I had a look and it seems that the lug has snapped off that holds the top of the damper .. not an easy fix .so I will live  without....

Same with my car. The lug on the dash panel partly broke, when I first got the car. I tried a glue which held for a while. When I get round to it, I may try another fix. For now I live without the damper. Also makes access to changing the cabin filter easier.