Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bye. It's been a good 3 years, now moving on to an Ioniq

rrockettman

Thanks for the last three years and 30,000 miles of trouble free motoring.

I've now moved on to Hyundai Ioniq.

There is a big difference between the two, the most noticeable are the headlights, I can now see on the country roads and better MPG.

Along with heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, DAB radio and heaps of other tech that can go wrong over time.....Just have to wait and see.

I was hoping for better mpg from the Yaris as it is smaller and lighter than other hybrids but my best was 60.9 tank to tank and worst just over 46mpg.

Happy motoring to you all for the future.

Russ.

It would be really useful to see how you get on with the DSG/DCT type gearbox and clutch.  I have had a short drive in the car and found it a little noisier than our Auris hybrid.  I have driven the Yaris hybrid, but that was a couple of years back, so can't remember that much detail about it.  I think the engine start function is via a beefed up motor/generator posing as an alternator.  I would be interested to see if this part of the car (petrol engine stop/start) is as smooth and quiet as the Yaris was.

The attention to detail on the Hyundai seems really very good, even the small parts you can't easily see are thoroughly designed and made.

I see the gearbox as a major negative - there is much complexity and weight involved (even if it is returning better MPG). It will have the same issues as any other automatic gearbox over time. I don't think the cars are old enough yet to get an accurate picture of reliability.