Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

starting

richard hart

Hi, my name is Richard & I'm new to this forum, I was hoping someone can help me with a problem I have with my 2008 Toyota Prius, when starting I press the start button with my foot on the brake & instead of the amber light coming on followed by the two beeps I get a green light so the car will not start, if anyone has any clues what the cause may be I would be grateful, many thanks. Richard. :sad:    

Welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Moved to the Prius club.

Hi Richard, your Prius at 2008 must be a Gen2. Not conversant with Gen2, mines a Gen3 (2010) and the wife has a Auris Hybrid (2010 which will be a Mk1. Dont know what the green light indicates, green is usually meaning "GO". So a bit lost, but will be interested learning what the problem is. Sorry cant help.

Hi, As one cat lover to another mine is a gen 2, the start up procedure is after inserting the key you put your foot on the brake press start button the orange light comes on followed by 2 beeps it then starts up, the problem I'm having is that instead of the orange light coming on I get a green one with no beeps & it wont start up , I was just wondering if it has something to do with the 12v Battery. Thanks for your reply. 

Could you maybe take a photo?

Hi Richard,

Two things spring to mind immediately.

1st, are you pressing the brake pedal hard enough, or

2nd, Check that the brake lights are coming on as it could be the light switch has gone faulty. This is also very dangerous and illegal on the roads. 

Thanks I will look at that. Thanks. Richard. :biggrin: 

When you say it won't start up, do you mean it doesn't go into "READY" mode ?

And does the green light say "ACC" or something similar ?

If it's going into ACC (accessory) mode (you should be able to use the radio), as Sooty says above, the brake light switch is probably the culprit.

Hi, Thanks for your reply just checked brake lights & they are working ok,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links