Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Volume of Speed Camera Warning

GowerMick

Just bought a 2017 Auris Hybrid, and am slowly finding my way round the controls. But haven't yet found how to adjust the volume of the BEEP, for the speed Camera Alert, it is far too loud!

I can see how to turn it on/off, and set the amount of overspeed, but can't see an associated volume control.

I suspect (never been a problem for me in my Avensis) that it is linked to the volume of satnav instructions issued. There are 2 ways of adjusting that (in case you hadn't realised) but the easier imo is to go into the general>volume section of Touch 2 & simply adjust how the satnav instruction volume compares to that of the media volume.

Oh, & the latest map/software update is recently out & that seemed to change some of the defaults so you might want to do the upgrade first before changing the volume settings to suit yourself.

Thanks Heidfirst,

Providing my wife will allow me, I'll do as you suggest and update the maps first. That is if I can find out how😀

• 1 year later...
On 5/23/2018 at 2:58 PM, GowerMick said:

Just bought a 2017 Auris Hybrid, and am slowly finding my way round the controls. But haven't yet found how to adjust the volume of the BEEP, for the speed Camera Alert, it is far too loud!

I can see how to turn it on/off, and set the amount of overspeed, but can't see an associated volume control.

I've just acquired my 2018 Auris Excel and am finding the seemingly random nature of, what I assume is, the Speed Camera Alert very annoying! I can't even it turn off let alone turn it down.

• Like 1

Hi Derek, welcome to TOC 🙂

You should be able to turn off the speed camera warnings.

Oh, & check if you have the latest (Spring 2019) map updates - they are free for the first 3 years.

• 2 years later...

Hi Derek

Rather late, but did you find a solution to the randomness of the speed camera beeps.

Just acquired a 68 reg Auris hybrid and find its a hit and miss process. Had a 2016 before and the it always beeped well in advance and Rather too loud but I can live with that. 

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

There are separate volume settings for radio/media and navigation. The speed camera pings are linked to the NAV volume. Not the media / radio volume. When the nav is talking to you (giving you a long instruction) change the nav volume with the steering wheel buttons as shes talking.

I normally have my radio set to volume 25, Nav volume 3 and it’s just right for me.

You can also control all the individual volume settings per system in the Toyota Touch 2 With Go main setup menu. 

2016 Auris Excel Hybrid hatchback owner. 

Thanks. Will give it a go in the morning.

Appreciated. Would never have thought of doing it that way.

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2021 at 8:39 PM, DaddyBaddy said:

There are separate volume settings for radio/media and navigation. The speed camera pings are linked to the NAV volume. Not the media / radio volume. When the nav is talking to you (giving you a long instruction) change the nav volume with the steering wheel buttons as shes talking.

I normally have my radio set to volume 25, Nav volume 3 and it’s just right for me.

You can also control all the individual volume settings per system in the Toyota Touch 2 With Go main setup menu. 

2016 Auris Excel Hybrid hatchback owner. 

Do you know if this applies to the Nav in the Corolla 2021 sat navigation, can't find access to any controls for sound on speed camera warnings.Basically i can't hear a thing!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I recently bought a 2nd hand toyota agyo 2018. where can i find the icon on my sat nav to activate the speed camera warnings. thank you . Jenny

• 3 weeks later...

In Menu you click Navigation, settings, scroll down until you find speed camera warning option.

Remember, this feature are only available in some countries. It won't work in Germany and Swiss where speeding camera are always hidden and no warning. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links