Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starting issues.

phillev

I'm now coming up to a month of ownership on my 2015 Aygo and after using the car daily I've had two occasions when it's taken the car slightly longer to start than usual as it normally fires up on the first turn of the key. I'm not having any other problems and when it does this once started it's fine, thanks in advance.

Hi,

This sometimes happened to me, too. I need to keep the key on the ignite position for a time that seems abnormally long. The engine seems feeble to start, as if it were shy. Once, I released the key too quickly and the engine stalled.

I was not worried at all since my car/battery is less than one year old. The car always start and works perfectly! It is just that sometimes, starting takes a little longer. Don't know what this comes from.

Has happened to me twice out of around 3-4000 starts. Happened on my wife's 2006 Aygo too, so think it's just a quirk of the engine. Too rare an issue to worry about.

Cheers for the replies, I remember my 107 could be a real pain if you didn't catch it first time, as you say hopefully just a foible of the car.

I think it is a quirk of the engine. 99% of the time engine catches on first turn but very occasionally the engine turns  2 or 3 time before firing up. Hardly a age  but unusual enough to notice something is different.  I have not been able to identify any pattern. If it helps my 2015 X -Pression did it and my new 2018  X-Clusiv that  I picked up 2 weeks ago has already done it once.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links