Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Green Key Symbol

Mick F

I have the key, I sit down in the driving set and drop the key into the central pocket.

I press the footbrake and the green key symbol lights up on the dash.

I press the Start button, and all the lights on the dash come on as normal, then go out except for the handbrake and the seatbelt light (coz I haven't fastened it yet) and then the Ready light comes on.

I fasten my seatbelt (light goes off), select Drive, drop the handbrake ( light goes off), release the footbrake and off I go.

Why does the green key symbol light go out ......................... when I could have sworn that it used to remain on whilst driving?

Mick.

14 minutes ago, Mick F said:

I have the key, I sit down in the driving set and drop the key into the central pocket.

I press the footbrake and the green key symbol lights up on the dash.

I press the Start button, and all the lights on the dash come on as normal, then go out except for the handbrake and the seatbelt light (coz I haven't fastened it yet) and then the Ready light comes on.

I fasten my seatbelt (light goes off), select Drive, drop the handbrake ( light goes off), release the footbrake and off I go.

Why does the green key symbol light go out ......................... when I could have sworn that it used to remain on whilst driving?

Mick.

My Auris has a key symbol between the clocks. As far as I am aware it comes on to say it recognises the key. So I guess it’s much the same in your Yaris.

Does it stay on when driving?

No. The display it’s on is multifunctional. You can select all sorts of feed back, whether the car is using petrol of electric, a compass or even KPH. The key symbol comes on when I press the brake pedal, then goes out when I press the on button.