Do Not Sell My Personal Information

News about New Corolla HSD 2018/19 release in Europe ?

HSDish

Believe the 2019 Toyota Auris will be launched in Europe in the first quarter of 2019.

Moved to the Auris club.

Please edit your profile as it isn't clear whether you have an Auris, a Yaris or both.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Believe the 2019 Toyota Auris will be launched in Europe in the first quarter of 2019.

Moved to the Auris club.

Please edit your profile as it isn't clear whether you have an Auris, a Yaris or both.

oh sorry, my bad. Think I've fixed it now.

Thanks for Your commitment

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks.

I'm really looking forward to , aspecially the Touring Sports model.

As I can understand , the new Auris (at least the Hatchback) model will be a bit longer and wider but... even lower.

Just hope that this won't affect the hight in the back seat. ( there is just enough hight for me to sit upright in the bakseat of the current model)

Anyone who knows more about the inner (cabin) measurements of the New Auris ?

Apology for my  misspelling and bad language (as You probably guessed English isn.t my native language 🙂

Think more detailed information on dimensions and specs will be available much nearer to the launch date.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thought that , maybe here's some Toyota Burnaston Derbyshire employees with inside info.  😉

(top secret I suppose 😉 )

I’ve not seen any interior pictures yet unless I’ve just missed them. For me the interior is important as that’s where you’ll spend most of your time.

There are plenty of pics/video of the USA's 2019 Corolla's interior & apart from LHD/RHD I imagine that they will be similar (infotainment may very well be different systems though). e.g. https://www.toyota.com/corollahatchback/photo-gallery/interior

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 2:56 PM, Heidfirst said:

There are plenty of pics/video of the USA's 2019 Corolla's interior & apart from LHD/RHD I imagine that they will be similar (infotainment may very well be different systems though). e.g. https://www.toyota.com/corollahatchback/photo-gallery/interior

Thanks!

This was exactly what I was looking for 🙂

https://www.toyota.com/corollahatchback/features/mileage_estimates/6273/6272/6275

Specs and dimensions

there could well be differences in those - e.g. I don't know if we will get the 2.0, we didn't get the 1.8 petrol (other than in HSD) that the previous Corolla in the USA had.

Video doesn't play, only music.

works fine here

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for bumbing this topic, however, I I'm hoping that perhaps the 2.0 HSD will see increased towing capacity compared to the current 245 kg of my current 2013 Touring Sports.

Any idea?

I really want  to get the Pris Plugin next, however, giving up the practicallity of the TS boot bothers me as I must keep the car for 8 years (will be a "car for a disabled driver" (me) and, hence, partially funded by my municipality  with the "catch" of 8 years minimum of ownership)).  with mydaily driving, I really would benefit highly from the EV range of the Plugin but the reduced boot space (and partly the fact that it's a four seater bugs me).

Do we have any MPG figures for the new 2019 Corolla HSD models yet?

Too early yet

2 hours ago, Nicolai said:

Sorry for bumbing this topic, however, I I'm hoping that perhaps the 2.0 HSD will see increased towing capacity compared to the current 245 kg of my current 2013 Touring Sports.

The current Prius & C-HR Hybrid have a rated towing capacity in the UK of 725Kg, the RAV4 Hybrid 750Kg so I would think that it is a fairly safe guess that the new Corolla TS will be similar even in 1.8 Hybrid form. Here in the UK the current Auris TS Hybrid is not rated for towing at all.

The Prius i rated to tow in the UK? Being the same 1.8 HSD as the Auris, why would it be rated to much higher than the Auris, I wonder...

Edit: Ah, yes I see that. Also in Denmark.

On 7/13/2018 at 10:48 AM, HSDish said:

Thought that , maybe here's some Toyota Burnaston Derbyshire employees with inside info.  😉

(top secret I suppose 😉 )

I was there yesterday, and yes it is top secret, certainly no news on sizes, far too soon, they have not put the line in to build it yet :rolleyes: 

• Thanks 1

Australian (I think) rewiev on Hatcback modell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZydIHF39b7Q

Seems like the Touring Sports model will be shown at Paris 2 oct.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/toyota/auris/101616/toyota-auris-reverts-to-toyota-corolla-name-ahead-of-2019-launch

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/news/162737/new-toyota-auris-promises-sharp-looks

2 hours ago, HSDish said:

Wow, for a Toyota, that a very good review by a motoring journalist.

He speaks about the 2.0 HSD being "the superior Li-ION". I wonder if that means, the traction Battery will hold a bigger charge as well (say perhaps 5 kilometeres worth of driving as opposed to the 2 kilometres of the current Nickel Hi)?

The cabin looks really good, I think, Deinitely a step up. 😃

As Toyota have announced the Auris name is being retired, and the new vehicle will be a Corolla, topic moved to the Corolla club.

The new CVT is the world’s first to feature a launch gear, which significantly improves transmission efficiency at low speeds. It delivers direct and smooth response to the driver’s use of the accelerator pedal, and improves fuel efficiency by 6% compared to its predecessor.

For the 2.0 litre Dynamic Force Engines Toyota has developed a new hybrid electric system, using the same size, weight and loss-reducing technologies applied in the current, fourth generation Prius. The new system gives improved driving performance while maintaining superior fuel efficiency. Under acceleration, the hybrid system reduces engine revs while drawing increased electric power from the battery. 

(Emphasis added by me).

Source: Honestjohn.co.uk

Hmm... I wonder if  the launch gear wouldn't be subject to wear then, as opposed to the to the complete "gearless" E-CVT of the current generation?

Interesting news (to me) regarding the 2.0 HSD. This may indicate an encreased capacity of the traction Battery. Thoughts?

8 hours ago, Nicolai said:

Interesting news (to me) regarding the 2.0 HSD. This may indicate an encreased capacity of the traction battery. Thoughts?

I have seen it said that the Battery for the 2.0 HSD is a Li-ion compared to the existing Nickel metal hydride in the current 1.8 HSD.

Yeah, I've seen that too. Wondering how many more miles it'll have in it.