Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

News about New Corolla HSD 2018/19 release in Europe ?

HSDish

I wonder if the Touring Sports will have more leg and headroom in the back, seeing Toyota are putting their money on families buying it over the hatch (I agree, I intend to).

Other than more boot space (obviously) might it be because the base of the TS will be longer and, hence, everything can be "moved back" a bit?

For a pre production vers., the review is good, I think.

The wheelbase of the Touring Sports is longer than that of the hatchback - 2700mm (same as the Avensis) - so there should be a bit more legroom.

• Thanks 1

From the video in this thread, it seems decent in the back.

31 minutes ago, Nicolai said:

I wonder if the Touring Sports will have more leg and headroom in the back, seeing Toyota are putting their money on families buying it over the hatch (I agree, I intend to).

Other than more boot space (obviously) might it be because the base of the TS will be longer and, hence, everything can be "moved back" a bit?

For a pre production vers., the review is good, I think.

If you compare new Corolla TS to Avensis TS, Corolla does have more legroom but less headroom.

• Thanks 1

In my previous post I stated that the pre-sale of new Corolla models will start in january. This info, it seems, only apply in Scandinavian market.

The pre-sale has already started in Ireland and will soon begin in UK. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kleberson said:

If you compare new Corolla TS to Avensis TS, Corolla does have more legroom but less headroom.

Is it possible for You to compare new Corolla TS hight/headroom in the rear/back seat , to Prius gen 4 and CH-r (I think CH-r has a little, little more headroom than Prius gen 4 but both models are to low for me , Im 178cm and my head touches ceiling. can't lean my head to the headrest, in either model )

51 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Is it possible for You to compare new Corolla TS hight/headroom in the rear/back seat , to Prius gen 4 and CH-r (I think CH-r has a little, little more headroom than Prius gen 4 but both models are to low for me , Im 178cm and my head touches ceiling. can't lean my head to the headrest, in either model )

There’s definitely more headroom in Corolla TS than CH-R or Prius.

You should fit just fine in the backseat of Corolla TS. Like I said, I’m 187cm and my head touches the roof in the backseat. Without the sunroof, I’m 99% sure even I fit in there. Of course you have to keep in mind that the overall height of a person is just one measure, some of us have long legs or long back which can make huge difference.

My advise would be the same as was mentioned in the Autocar review, forget the panoramic sunroof because with it, the backseat is really not for adults.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kleberson said:

There’s definitely more headroom in Corolla TS than CH-R or Prius.

You should fit just fine in the backseat of Corolla TS. Like I said, I’m 187cm and my head touches the roof in the backseat. Without the sunroof, I’m 99% sure even I fit in there. Of course you have to keep in mind that the overall height of a person is just one measure, some of us have long legs or long back which can make huge difference.

My advise would be the same as was mentioned in the Autocar review, forget the panoramic sunroof because with it, the backseat is really not for adults.

Thanks again. Nice to hear !!!

Here some more info.

https://blog.toyota.co.uk/new-2019-toyota-corolla-the-early-reviews-are-in

Introducing the new Corolla saloon - https://blog.toyota.co.uk/introducing-the-new-2019-toyota-corolla-saloonwelcome

Interestingly, and as I surmised previously in light of the Avensis not being replaced, the new saloon is coming to the UK. Based on the longer wheelbase of the Sports Tourer (2700mm), which was the same size as the Avensis.

Supposed to be on sale during the first quarter of 2019.

Interesting that it gets a 1.6 normally aspirated engine option rather than the 1.2 turbo & that it isn't to be offered with the 2.0 hybrid option that the hatchback & estate are.

www.whatcar.com/news/2019-toyota-corolla-touring-sports-review-price-specs-and-release-date/n18254

• Thanks 1

The standard engine in the USA for the hatchback is a 2.0l petrol. No hybrid.

• Thanks 1

Looks like The new Corolla HB 2019, in "Heidfirst" link abowe, got electrical adjustable driver seat.

Does anyone know if there's gonna be features like:

Electrical adjustable driver seat with memory abilities 

Electrical heated steering wheel

Electrical heated windscreen

Electrical heated rear/back seats

in Corolla 2019 HB and TS

On 8/31/2018 at 5:44 PM, Parts-King said:

I was there yesterday, and yes it is top secret, certainly no news on sizes, far too soon, they have not put the line in to build it yet :rolleyes: 

Do You know if there's any production going on yet ?

Have You seen any Corolla 2019 HB och TS in real life yet?

Does anyone know if there's features/options like:

(as asked abowe for  The new Corolla HSD HB/TS  2019)

to any of Toyotas HSD/PHEV models (RAV4, CH-R , Prius)?

As regards the Rav4 (2019) presumably it is too early yet for European specs to be finalised and published. Will also depend how the importer for individual countries wish to spec the cars.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HSDish said:

Does anyone know if there's features/options like:

(as asked abowe for  The new Corolla HSD HB/TS  2019)

to any of Toyotas HSD/PHEV models (RAV4, CH-R , Prius)?

As Frosty says this is going to vary according to local specifications.

Electrical adjustable drivers seat with memory & heated rear seats are definitely planned to be available within the 2019 RAV4 range in North America depending upon model/trim level. Heated steering wheel is an option in the 2018 RAV in the USA & standard on some Canadian trims, I imagine it will be available in the 2019. I would have thought that for northern USA & Canada a heated windscreen is highly desirable but can't see it in the specs. (doesn't mean that it isn't there).

I understand that hybrid RAV4s won't ship in NA until March/April 2019, ICE only from December 2018.

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2018 at 12:50 AM, Heidfirst said:

As Frosty says this is going to vary according to local specifications.

Electrical adjustable drivers seat with memory & heated rear seats are definitely planned to be available within the 2019 RAV4 range in North America depending upon model/trim level. Heated steering wheel is an option in the 2018 RAV in the USA & standard on some Canadian trims, I imagine it will be available in the 2019. I would have thought that for northern USA & Canada a heated windscreen is highly desirable but can't see it in the specs. (doesn't mean that it isn't there).

I understand that hybrid RAV4s won't ship in NA until March/April 2019, ICE only from December 2018.

Looks like there wont be any of these in the new Corrolla 2019 grade structure ( FROSTYBALLS link above)

On 11/30/2018 at 10:46 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

See 

Thanks !!! (will follow that link)

6 hours ago, HSDish said:

Looks like there wont be any of these in the new Corrolla 2019 grade structure ( FROSTYBALLS link above)

As we have said this will vary locally i.e. the spec. for e.g. Norway is likely to be different than for the UK which will be different from for Poland etc..

At least in the UK I would be very surprised if the top spec. Corolla didn't have an electrically adjusted & heated driver's seat with memory (a power adjust heated seat is available in the US - not sure if it has memory).

A heated steering wheel is an option in Canada (as is a block heater).

• Thanks 1

OK

I'll try to be patient and waint for info./news from Toyota Sweden :-)

1 hour ago, HSDish said:

OK

I'll try to be patient and waint for info./news from Toyota Sweden :-)

In Finland, pre-sale should start early january so in Sweden, the specs and prices should be available within 2 weeks. In Sweden, the pre-sale is starting about a month earlier than in Finland.

• Thanks 1