Do Not Sell My Personal Information

News about New Corolla HSD 2018/19 release in Europe ?

HSDish

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:06 PM, HSDish said:

Looks like there wont be any of these in the new Corrolla 2019 grade structure ( FROSTYBALLS link above)

That structure as said, does not compare to Scandinavian market. We will have 3 models, Active, Style/X and Premium/Executive. Scandinavian cars will come with extra winter options like heated windscreen and heated steering wheel (plus package in Active and Style, included in Premium).

• Thanks 1

Should appear soon on swedish website since Auris has allready been removed. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2018 at 7:47 PM, HSD180 said:

Should appear soon on swedish website since Auris has allready been removed. 

On 12/3/2018 at 2:10 PM, Kleberson said:

That structure as said, does not compare to Scandinavian market. We will have 3 models, Active, Style/X and Premium/Executive. Scandinavian cars will come with extra winter options like heated windscreen and heated steering wheel (plus package in Active and Style, included in Premium).

Thanks a lot.

NOW!  there's new info. at Toyota Sweden

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/toyota/pressreleases/svensk-foersaeljningsstart-foer-nya-toyota-corolla-2809940

Thanks!

Nice to get some facts.

The trim level Executive is pretty expensive and does not even come with navigation as standard. Think they should have made AVS optional.

Maybe I should reconsider to go for V60 instead 🤔

Yeap, price in Europe too high at all trim levels, sad. In US and Canada these cars are a lot cheaper. Shame. Disappointed, Toyota please don’t follow Apple’s  price policy, don’t be greedy. 

Prices in the US/Canada are not comparable, and never have been, with prices in Europe - and this applies across manufacturers, not just Toyota.

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Prices in the US/Canada are not comparable, and never have been, with prices in Europe - and this applies across manufacturers, not just Toyota.

Probably because of all the extra regulations that they have to comply with ☹️

11 minutes ago, olddriver said:

Probably because of all the extra regulations that they have to comply with ☹️

more likely sales volumes, spec. differences & taxes imo. Compare European cars sold in the US - they are cheaper than here despite the extra shipping.

I think US spec Corolla is positioned lower in the market than in Europe. Extras such as HUD and AVS doesn't seem to be available in US. Corolla TS replaces both Auris and Avensis and together with a more expensive hybrid drivetrain it is naturally that Corolla is more expensive in Europe.

But it takes time to accept that Toyota prices are not far from premium level.

• 2 months later...

At the end I removed Corolla from my shortlist.

High pricing and absence of Android Auto, and in my country, no JBL option lead to my decision. I have ordered a car of another brand.