Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Prius fuel efficiency

Catlover

I seen some figures for fuel efficiency of 2014 Prius cars and they seem much better then say 2010-2013.

Was there any significant change in the specification of the 2014 model??

What data are you looking at? Are you looking at averages somewhere, and are those averages including the Plug-in version? I know that was introduced in 2012, but there could just be more of them around from 2014 or something.

I owned a 2010 Prius for 3 years (and 19K miles), and am currently into my 3rd year of ownership with a 2014 car (10K miles so far). According to Fuelly website the fuel consumption for my cars has been very similar, if not almost identical. But the '14 car seems much better to drive; is quieter, and has less rattles than the earlier car.

According to the Honest John review, there were improvements made to the Prius - UK sales from March 2012 - though these weren't to the drivetrain:

January 2012

Third-generation Prius improved from March 2012 UK deliveries. It continues to deliver 89g/km CO2 emissions on petrol – the lowest level in its class – and combined cycle fuel economy of 72.4mpg (the figures for models running on 17-inch wheels remain 92g/km and 70.6mpg).

For 2012 the front of the Prius was given a new Toyota corporate look, while in the cabin there are new front seats, new upholstery and new soft-touch surfaces that combine to give a higher quality feel.

Equipment levels were raised, notably with the introduction of the Toyota Touch touchscreen control system in all grades. The advanced Toyota Touch & Go Plus multimedia and navigation system is a standard feature on Prius T Spirit and an option on T3 and T4. This brings with it bluetooth, a rear-view camera, USB port and an on-board connectivity feature that allows access to a raft of on-line information services sourced through Google Local Search using a compatible mobile phone.

Extra stiffness in the bodyshell and changes to the suspension and steering column have improved comfort and steering feel.

UK sales of the revised Prius began in March 2012, with on-the-road prices from £21,350. Later in the year Prius will grow, with the introduction of the ultra-efficient Prius Plug-in Hybrid and Prius+, the world’s first seven-seat full hybrid MPV.

The new styling brings a new bumper and a larger lower grille that gives the vehicle a low and wide look. There are new clear-lens headlights and the LED daytime running lights have been relocated in the bumper beneath the turn indicators, while the foglights move to within the lower grille.

T Spirit models now use LED headlamps, which come with a washer system, while all versions gain new power-folding heated door mirrors. At the rear the combination lamps have a new look, and there are new-design wheelcaps for the 15-inch wheels on the T3model. The 2012 Prius is available in eight exterior colours, including new Dark Blue and Cabernet Red metallic.

New, darker materials are used for the dashboard and T4and T Spirit models gains a new black seat trim. Silver inserts have been added to the centre console and air vents and the hybrid system start button gains blue illumination. The front seats are new and offer wider adjustment, both fore and aft and in height range, making it easier for the most comfortable driving position to be achieved.

The centre console box now has a built in cupholder that can be used without having to open the box lid. The 12V power socket, USB port and AUX audio input terminal have been moved to the front of the box for easier use. All models adopt the innovative Toyota Touch touchscreen system for audio, multimedia connectivity and bluetooth, plus a rear-view camera.

T Spirit versions are fitted with the Touch & Go Plus premium package with satellite navigation, advanced traffic pattern intelligence on programmed routes, voice recognition for calls, music search and play, and phone contacts search and call functions. The system’s connectivity allows access to Google Local Search (using a compatible mobile phone, and pre-registration via a Toyota customer portal) to obtain useful information on navigation locations and services such as live parking and fuel prices.

Touch & Go Plus also provides a text-to-speak function and, using Gracenote, “play more like this” audio selection. The satellite navigation is supported by three years’ free map updates, with two updates a year.

Toyota Touch Pro is available as part of the optional Technology Pack for T Spirit. This provides increased functionality and more advanced features, including 3D representations of landmarks; lane guidance and an automatic zoom at intersections; speed limit and TPEG traffic flow data, and parking, weather and fuel price information. It also provides a better interface and functionality for connection and playback from iPods and other digital music players, and allows route points-of-interest (POI) to be searched and uploaded from the Google Local Search database.

For 2012, T Spirit grade includes water-repellent glass, dusk-sensing LED headlamps with washers, and an auto-dimming electrochromatic rear-view mirror.

Changes have also been made to the multi-information display (on all models) to make images clearer and simpler to understand. New functions have been added including a monthly fuel consumption record, with a rolling archive of five months’ data, and an ECO savings calculator. The calculator works by the driver inputting a target consumption figure and fuel price; the system records the driving time during which consumption is lower than the target and calculates a monthly saving compared to the expected fuel cost..

• Like 1

I guess what I had seen was adverts possibly were Prius plug-in but the advert didnt say that. Thats the only explanation I can think of. Thanks Frostyballs  for the update from Honest John.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links