Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo delivered

Dark Matter

I’ve just swopped my 2015 X- Pression for a new X-Clusiv with fun roof.  Acquired due to a very good PCP deal, presumably ahead of the model refresh. Initial comparisons and impressions are as follows. Mostly unchanged interior but benefits from the rather good leather seats. The leather is of reasonable quality and not the “pleather” I had feared it would be.  Quite cool “X” on the headrest (if you like that sort of thing!). Reverse camera has AT LAST got guidelines present in Peugeot and Citroen variants.  Now actually useful as a reversing aid. Previous version without lines practically useless. Maybe Toyota listened to feedback. Sat Nav and radio unchanged and still has the rather annoying lack of clock on the navigation screen and very annoying lack of scrolling text on DAB. The roof is very nice and have been lucky enough to pick the car up during the nice weather. It is rather flimsy compared to other convertible roofs I have had but as it has a 5 year warranty not really a problem. It operates silently and smoothly and can be stopped at any point in the opening sequence. Little draft when fully open but surprisingly noisy and drafty when partially open. Colour Deep Blue Buzz that is really fantastic and has a really deep metallic lustre. Just hit 100 miles and so far very pleased with I took the offer of the early upgrade. Downside of course now I pay Road Tax !!

• Like 1

Piccie? Yeah, road tax is a downer, I'm not looking forward to it in 2020.

The guidelines on the rear camera were adopted around May 2016.

As regards VED there is still scope for Government to make changes (cost increases, band changes, etc) to the existing systems (both pre and post April 2017), especially if the UK has to adopt tougher measures to tackle pollution. 

A few (not particularly good ) Piccies.

Maybe I'll have another go!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Leather looks fab. Think I'll go for that on my next Aygo 🙂

36 minutes ago, fordulike said:

Leather looks fab. Think I'll go for that on my next Aygo 🙂

Yes - surprisingly good quality leather and very supportive. Which was pleasant surprise because I hadn't  actually been able  to view an Aygo with leather before  I placed my order. They also add a certain extra zing to the already  potent "new car smell" !!!

I guess time will tell how well they wear.

As I said in my first post .I think the roof is a bit flimsy and the fabric not the best (again I didn't see a fun roof "in the flesh" before ordering so took a flyer.) But it must be reasonably durable as I couldn't find any particular issues reported  on the various forums with the roof ( Toyota/Citroen/Peugeot) . My concern is probably misplaced.

I was surprised to find  the roof as delivered was not particularly well proofed against the wet.  Some Autoglym Protector and the water now beads and rolls off rather than " wetting" the fabric.

One final " upgrade" I didn't notice at first . The tailgate Aygo Badge is now on the left not the  right!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 9:45 AM, Dark Matter said:

As I said in my first post .I think the roof is a bit flimsy and the fabric not the best (again I didn't see a fun roof "in the flesh" before ordering so took a flyer.) But it must be reasonably durable as I couldn't find any particular issues reported  on the various forums with the roof ( Toyota/Citroen/Peugeot) . My concern is probably misplaced.

I was surprised to find  the roof as delivered was not particularly well proofed against the wet.  Some Autoglym Protector and the water now beads and rolls off rather than " wetting" the fabric.

Nice car. The roof is durable enough and doesn’t leak whatsoever. 

I also proofed the roof using Autoglym Protector however I noticed that if someone closes the boot with one of the doors open the water trickles of the roof as the roof ‘jumps’ due to change in air pressure. You’ll see what I mean when you close one of the doors/boot 

15 hours ago, Cjohnston1982 said:

................I noticed that if someone closes the boot with one of the doors open the water trickles of the roof as the roof ‘jumps’ due to change in air pressure. You’ll see what I mean when you close one of the doors/boot 

Ha Ha ... I have noticed that already. However I've owned  several cars with a fabric roof ( from Aygo type to full convertible) and I can reassure you  this "jump" is quite common when you shut the doors.

On 5/29/2018 at 1:18 PM, Dark Matter said:

Reverse camera has AT LAST got guidelines present in Peugeot and Citroen variants.  Now actually useful as a reversing aid. Previous version without lines practically useless. Maybe Toyota listened to feedback.

About time!

I've got a 2014 x-clusiv and whilst the rear camera is useful when your vision is obscured, it's not that great as a parking aid. What I don't understand is how my partner's old 2010 Prius had guides for the rear camera, but four years later, when presumably this tech has got cheaper, and the Aygo didn't.

4 minutes ago, MarkyPancake said:

About time!

I've got a 2014 x-clusiv and whilst the rear camera is useful when your vision is obscured, it's not that great as a parking aid. What I don't understand is how my partner's old 2010 Prius had guides for the rear camera, but four years later, when presumably this tech has got cheaper, and the Aygo didn't.

The Aygo is manufactured by a Joint Venture between Toyota and PSA, rather than Toyota, so perhaps the design requirements were different. Aside from that, guidelines for the rear camera were introduced from May 2016 - my Aygo has them.

5 minutes ago, MarkyPancake said:

About time!

The biggest mystery is why , as far as I  know, the Peugot and Citroen variants have always had the guidelines. Considering they are basically the same car made in the same factory this makes little sense.

The Prius of around 2014 also didn't have guidelines - but that was probably more to do with the introduction with the Touch 2 system.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links