Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How do I use the search facility on this forum?

Catlover

I want to find the topic that covered a slight steering knock that some Auris users were getting.  Diagnosed as being a bolt on the steering shaft that was not up to strength. I getting a slight knock on my 2010 Gen3 Prius, wondering if its the same problem.

Sure I read about it in the last 6-9 months, but don't know how to start searching for it. Any one help?

The search box is located within the toolbar at the top of each page. Click on the word 'search' and a drop down menu enables one to select where to search - for example everywhere, this forum, this topic, etc. Once one's choice is selected type in what you wish to search for and click the search icon.

• Like 1

I have the same knock, and in my case it's grease that's dried up, bolt is tight enough. In the begining they were replacing the whole part, but they just remove the bolt, reapply some grease, i would say lithium grease, and put it back.  If you squirt a bit of oil in there, the knock will be gone for some time, in my case i repeat it every  6 months. You can atleast try this method to eliminate that it's anything else, some people claimed it was the electric motor not meshing correctly.