Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

16 plate Excel Hybrid - Multimedia system

WarrenB

Does anyone know the Touch system this vehicle supposed to have.

I have an open ticket with toyota on this as I have the basic Touch system in the car. But on MyToyota I have tried to register the multimedia system and it says the device ID is not correct.

Also when looking for firmware updates it keeps pointing me to Touch 2 with Go.

As far as I'm aware it is Touch 2 with Go

I assume as you have just the Touch system you do not have Navigation? if this is the case this is why you cannot register the unit on Mytoyota as you can only register the system if you have navigation, the same applies for firmware if you do not have navigation IF there is a firmware update for the headunit it can only be done by a dealer.

If you do have navigation press:

Setup>General>Software information

Here you will have a Map version (e.g. 2016v1 )& software version ( e.g. 6.7.0wl )along with iirc a 26 digit alpha numeric device id. What are they? ( a picture of this screen would help a lot )

Yes, I do not have navigation, this issue I have as I have spoken to the dealer is that on the Toyota system Excel spec Rav4's are assigned to have Go, so when he goes to the site and enters my vin, it only gives the updates for the GO unit and not the standard Touch2. They are querying as am I now with toyota.

Touch 2 as a stand alone unit without Go cannot be updated outside of the dealer network. What is the audio system software version ( same method to find as above ) and why are you looking for an update as if there is an update it will be listed for a specific fault.

There is currently only one Touch 2 update bulletin but it is dated late 2015 so its quite possible when entering your Vin the bulletin is filtered out as you have a car built after the software implementation date and therefore the bulletin does not apply. 

Sounds strange as I am sure you should have Navigation if yours is really an Excel - does it have roof rails ? But then while roof rails were only standard on the Excel, the navigation was standard on every version except the base Active model.

My 66 plate Excel Hybrid couldn't be registered on My Toyota when I bought it 12 months old but contacting Toyota I was informed that the system wasn't in their database and it was soon added. A but bizarre as when I first tried it told me that the serial was already in use !

Slightly surprised that you say that yours is a TSS model where I only thought they came in with the 66 reg - dealer thought mine was one of the first.

29 minutes ago, Peterd23 said:

Slightly surprised that you say that yours is a TSS model where I only thought they came in with the 66 reg - dealer thought mine was one of the first.

The OP hasn't said what reg theirs is - only given the year as being 2016, which still could be a '66'.

True, I took the 16 as literal. Might explain the TSS but not the lack of Nav if really Excel

Touch 2 is standard on all Rav excl Active whereas Go Navigation is not, up until 2017 model change nav was only standard in Icon Tech ( and Business Editions )and even now only Icon tech & Excel have nav and its optional on Icon & Design. So it is possible to have a 2016 Rav Excel without Navigation.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links