Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota yaris abs light on

Itzzemiilyx

Hi, 

I took my car to kwik fit today to get a diagnostic on my ABS light as they were the cheapest I could find, £35 for diagnostic, this revealed that my offside rear abs sensor had gone. I've done some searching and found it might just be a little dirty so I could take it out and clean it. I was quoted £186 for the new sensor and then they said it would be 2.5 hours labour at £54 a hour... Does this sound about right? 

Anyway, I've looked under the car and I can't work out how to remove the sensor. Do I have to take the wheel off and the entire rear assembly? Also the abs sensor is the big black connector in the middle isn't it? Or is it the wire above 😂20180604_135024.thumb.jpg.3ddbe3173600a43d170ba964072c0ff5.jpg

Also it is a 2007 Toyota yaris 1.3 vvt-i

Here is a link to the part you need (which is the complete hub with sensor built in) and if you can undo nuts and bolts then it is easy enough to replace yourself at a fraction of the cost

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=2007+toyota+yaris+rear+abs+sensor&_sacat=0