Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help needed - A/C amplifier wiring

C_Hemingway

I am trying to add A/C to my '96 Celica as I thought it would be fairly straightforward as I appear to have the wiring already in ( spare connectors )

I didn't realise I needed an amplifier for this to work and have managed to source a unit with wiring but need help on the last few bits

The car is a bit of a Frankenstein's monster in that it is a 1996 Celica GT ( was 3S-GE ) with a Camry 3.0 V6 ( 3VZ-FE ) and the amplifier is from a 1994 ( ish ) GT4 ( 88650-2B280 )

Referring to the attached images can anyone please tell me where I need to connect the following cut wires:

Loose wires near large white plug ( main chassis connector ) - White / Red, White / Yellow

Large white connector ( main chassis connector ) - Green / Red, Yellow

Amplifier main black connector ( wires cut near large white connector ) - Red / Blue, Brown / Yellow

Large 4-pin connector ( 2 pins connected ) - White / Green, Black / White

Large 3-pin connector - White / Green, Black / White, Pink / Black

Large 4-pin connector - White / Green, Black / White, Red / Blue, Brown / Yellow

( x3 cut Black / White wires but only x1 cut White / Green )

Smaller 8-pin connector ( attaches near blower motor ) - Yellow / Black, Blue / Red, White / Red, Blue / Yellow, Grey, Blue / Black, Green / Yellow

I also have a temperature sensor near the cooler but I can't check the wire colours as it is in for rust work at the moment

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Also to properly test the system, as I think I will need to charge the system before I can properly test it, can anyone tell me which amplifier pins I need to ground or pull up in order to do this?

For example grounding the clutch relay will allow me to test clutch operation but "ground pins A, B and C to test pressure switch is working" will allow me to test individual components

DSC_0171.JPG

DSC_0174.JPG

DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

DSC_0170.JPG

AC_Amplifier.png

Does anyone have a link to a wiring diagram?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links