Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange traction control fault

toolapcblack

Hi all 

Just took my Verso 2004 to have its tracking done(it had been tracked previously with the steering not centered) when i left the garage on a series of largish close together roundabouts the traction control light flickered on and the car would hardly go round the second roundabout???

it was juddering like crazy so i pulled over and phoned the garage then limped back there with no sign of the fault....so  i looked like a right Mugg!

The mechanic who took it out and said he could not find anything wrong apart from the door light flickered on a few times so i joined him for a thorough test drive ...again no sign of the fault

Anyone with any idea what was going on ??? have experienced something similar?

I am really worried as i only just purchased the car, & traveled some 90miles home(mostly on A roads) with no issues.

Plus i am planning some seriously long distance trips, in the Verso, to France, Spain and Portugal

• 9 months later...

I had a similar problem after having tracking (wheel alignment) done. I noticed it was checked using the four wheel alignment system. Hardly gone quarter mile up road and VSC/traction control light came on and off a few times, so back to tyre depot, rechecked alignment but this time using front wheels only (not 4wheel). Took out for test run, no problem !  Think it was because using the 4 wheel system no allowance made that front track is wider than rear track by 10 mm.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links