Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 Aygo Advice

Tizwaz

Hi Iv'e been reading the forum for a few weeks and decided to join 

just after some advice if possible

I have put a deposit down on a 2015 Aygo X-cite but when I took it for a test drive the biting point of the clutch was at the top mileage is 30,000

I pulled this with the sales guy and said I want it sorting ,can you tell me if this year of Aygo suffers from the clutch issues I have read on so much about , I can only find issues with the earlier models

If so does anybody have a copy of the TSB which Toyota issued about the problem

Many Thanks

Great forum by the way 

Most owners of either generation Aygo say the biting point of the clutch is normally high. 

Having said that, I don't see this as an issue. We've had a selection of new cars (21) from various manufacturers (Japanese and Korean), and not had a problem with the Aygo clutch.

Thanks for the reply

When I used to be a mechanic high clutches used to mean clutch wear but iv'e read that it is common on Aygo's, when I mentioned it to the sales guy he let me have a go in a 2017 Aygo to compare ,the 2017 one had a normal clutch action

so you think it should be ok to purchase then , the rest of the car is mint , just the clutch concerned me as i only had to slightly press it whilst driving and it slipped

Haven't experienced any clutch slip in mine - although mine was bought new - so perhaps you need to be a bit wary.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice Frostballs much appreciated , I will see what the garage come back with ,it's a Toyota dealer so hopefully they will sort it 

The mrs can't wait to get her new car lol 

The bite point of the Aygo clutch is, in my opinion, unusually high . Both I have/had  were more or  less the same (2015 & 2018 models) . You get used to it.  When my partner drives my car she usually  stalls it almost immediately. Likewise, when  I get into  her car (or any other manual) with a "normal" clutch I invariably  stall it the first junction!

Thanks Guy's  the clutch only slipped if i put depressed the clutch very slightly whilst driving , hence the high biting point 

I have a pick up date for Friday so I will update you what the outcome is 

Hi,

I confirm the biting point is extremely high on the Aygo mk2. I find it way higher than on the first Aygos. I am glad to find out that I am not the only one who has been surprised by this peculiarity of the car. It took me much time to get used to it. Still, if I do not drive my Aygo for a long time or if I drive another car, when I take back my Aygo, I have to get back used to it. At first, all starts were jerky, with either too much gas or not enough.

Your testimony about the difference between 2 Aygos mk2 is interesting. I noticed the same thing. When my Aygo is being serviced, I am lended a brand-new one, and each time, the feeling is different. There is nothing wrong with the clutch of my car. I cannot account for this difference, below my assumptions:

- maybe the clutch needs breaking in and does not feel the same when new?
- maybe the driver influences the mechanics with their driving style, I am a very slow driver (hypermiler) so my engine might have become lazy to react
- maybe Toyota changed the clutch disc on the latest versions or adjusted its setting?

Still, I think one must not mistake a worn clutch and a clutch that bites high, for the confusion is rightful in terms of feeling in the pedals. Mine bites very high and is fine.

Hello all just a quick update , my wife is now the proud owner of a 2015 aygo x-cite and she loves it 

the garage adjusted the clutch and the clutch action is a lot better than when i first drove the car , thanks for all your help ,

hopefully i can contribute to help others  too  

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links