Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't fold second row seats!

Flo8

Hi just bought a 2008 verso in a hurry and have since discovered we can't fold down the outer second row seats. Contacting the previous owner we were told they don't fold flat!! The lever under the seats pull them forward. The catch on the top of the back rest folds them slightly and brings them forwards. Is there meant to be a loop to pull? There is a small slot but nothing there. Help please.

iirc the middle row need to pushed back fully before they allow the back to fold flat, all 5 rear seats should fold down to create a flat load space

Still doesn't work. Is there any chance you could send me a pic of the seat edge because I think a release thing is missing? Thanks v much.

8 hours ago, Flo8 said:

Still doesn't work. Is there any chance you could send me a pic of the seat edge because I think a release thing is missing? Thanks v much.

The 2nd row seats in my 2008 SR fold flat, but I have to take the headrests off otherwise they get caught on the front seat backs. There's a latch on the top of the seat backs and a tab on the side of each seat. Lifting the latch results in what I think you're getting - the seat back only goes forward a little way. Pulling the tab does the job. 

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Thank you so much it seems the tabs are missing from our seats. Would you be able to take a picture of what the tab connects to underneath? Thank you

16 hours ago, Flo8 said:

Thank you so much it seems the tabs are missing from our seats. Would you be able to take a picture of what the tab connects to underneath? Thank you

I'm sorry, but my car's seat side cover doesn't seem to want to come off and I'm afraid of breaking it. The tab definitely connects to the same mechanism as the top lever as I can feel one move if I operate the other.

Do you have the handbook for your car? What does it say? Seat adjustment is around page 50 in my copy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links