Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Facelifted Aygo on sale from 1st July 2018

FROSTYBALLS

I'm glad they've updated the x play a bit as its quite basic really with only air conditioning and no touch screen.

I’m 😱 that the humble Aygo will cost you circa £12K. This was supposed to be a highly affordable City car/runabout 😳

Absolutly love my (facelift) 2009/09 though, it’s been pretty faultless in my ownership and 55K miles. With my unable to extend the Toyota Warranty beyond 10 years, that will prompt me to change but not sure what too...

The Toyota extended warranty may be extended to a car's 12th birthday or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first - extract from Toyota GB website:  

"A Toyota Extended Warranty is substantially similar to the warranty you get with a brand new car, but it applies to the car you own already, whether you were the first owner or you bought it used. The Toyota Extended Warranty can be renewed until the vehicle is 12 years old or 100,000 miles (at the point of sale of the extended warranty) , and if a part covered by the Toyota Extended Warranty suffers electrical or mechanical failure at any time during the term, Toyota is committed to fixing it. You don't pay for replacement parts or labour."

https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/warranty/extended-warranty.

The Aygo range is similar in pricing to the 108 and VW Up. The Suzuki Ignis and the Fiat 500 start at £11,500+.

no 3-door bodystyle availability for mid- or high-end trim levels-- how disappointing! 

also, it lists led rear lights amongst standard equipment for 'x-play' (and i assume levels above it, too) - does this mean that the basic 'x' makes do with old style lighting at the rear? hopefully configurator is online shortly.

^ in addition to above: new aygo configurator available on toyota germany website; https://www.toyota.de/

* rear lights of basic 'x' appear to be the same facelift updated units as for the 'posher' trim levels
* standard 'x-play' 15'' wheel trims are fugly.
* 'x' and 'x-play', as levels without front bumper foglights installed, don't look too bad for this.
* mainland europe gets at least 'x-play' in 3-door! and uk do not..........

1 hour ago, fields of panda said:

no 3-door bodystyle availability for mid- or high-end trim levels-- how disappointing! 

also, it lists led rear lights amongst standard equipment for 'x-play' (and i assume levels above it, too) - does this mean that the basic 'x' makes do with old style lighting at the rear? hopefully configurator is online shortly.

Having just picked up a new Aygo I did think long and hard whether to wait for the facelift model. I guess the bottom line was  that the incentives and deal I was able to get would not have applied to the new model which, at the time. also had no release date.

I and "pleased " to see it's a relatively minor facelift and engine mod. Interior mostly untouched. Some good colous but nothing I would chose over Deep Ble Buzz that  I have and more importantly nothing  I am kicking myself about. And of course no Fun Roof option - yet!

I guess also I have to say I'm, not a huge fan of the front redesign. The Aygo  X theme has been diluted somewhat ... and the "3D interpretation of the X" is tenuous at best.  It stood out and  Nobuo Nakamura, the  car’s designer says the  Aygo’s styling was inspired by Japanese manga-robot AstroBoy... now it just look like a Yaris.

2 hours ago, fields of panda said:

mainland europe gets at least 'x-play' in 3-door! and uk do not

Each Toyota importer decides on the spec of the vehicles they sell - so the spec for Germany may not accurately reflect the spec for the UK. Presumably Toyota GB has decided to only offer the three door on the 'X' as an entry model, based on sales volumes of the current three door in higher specs (ie. may be considerably lower than the five door in the UK).

2 hours ago, Dark Matter said:

I guess also I have to say I'm, not a huge fan of the front redesign. The Aygo  X theme has been diluted somewhat ... and the "3D interpretation of the X" is tenuous at best.  It stood out and  Nobuo Nakamura, the  car’s designer says the  Aygo’s styling was inspired by Japanese manga-robot AstroBoy... now it just look like a Yaris.

Funny you make the Yaris reference.

A month or two ago I saw a new Yaris in a car park, not knowing there was a new one out or realising it was a Yaris, because I didn't see the back, my first thought having read about the new Aygo around that time was 'is that the new Aygo'.

Interesting point about 3 door version, explains alot, cos round our area not seen a new 3 door Aygo, all 5 doors! 

Personally, the Aygo always been better styling wise in 5 door guise for me, and the current 3 door styling is worse than old one.

4 hours ago, Dark Matter said:

And of course no Fun Roof option - yet!

Not strictly true - extract from Toyota UK blog:

"The new Aygo x-plore extends the specification with 15-inch machined alloy wheels, front fog lights, automatic air conditioning, automatic headlights, rear privacy glass, reversing camera and satellite navigation. It can also be specified with a power-retracting canvas Funroof and Toyota Safety Sense."

6 hours ago, Dark Matter said:

+1 Like it or not (I do but others don't) with the X theme redesign Toyota's % share of the 3 sisters sales jumped markedly & I don't think that it was because any of them changed their pricing/discount position so it presumably was due to design.

2 hours ago, Puglet said:

Interesting point about 3 door version, explains alot, cos round our area not seen a new 3 door Aygo, all 5 doors! 

a no. of other manufacturers have been dropping 3-door options on new models - they just aren't selling in the necessary volumes. Possibly when the Aygo is truly replaced (rather than existing model facelifted/re-engineered) the 3-door may go as well.

I finally got round to reading the blog linked above and after looking at the pictures, one thing I'm disappointed with is they haven't found a way to place the central vents somewhere that benefits the front passengers. I guess it's behind the display again, pointing up at the roof.

34 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

a no. of other manufacturers have been dropping 3-door options on new models - they just aren't selling in the necessary volumes. Possibly when the Aygo is truly replaced (rather than existing model facelifted/re-engineered) the 3-door may go as well.

Yep agree,  Hyundai i10, Vauxhall Viva and Ford Ka+ just some I can think off. Shame really cos we got a newer Peugeot 108 (1.0 of course!) last year and only need 3 door, but we ignored Hyundai, Vauxhall and Ford, as they only 5 door and bit bigger, but if you got garage parking sometimes size does matter. We were replacing a very old Ford Fiesta, but the new Fiesta was total non starter as it woundn't fit in the garage, unlike its shorter ancestor! 

We garage both cars, and have had three door cars in the past. Found that the longer doors of the three door make it more difficult to exit/enter the car when garaged.

5 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Not strictly true - extract from Toyota UK blog:

"The new Aygo x-plore extends the specification with 15-inch machined alloy wheels, front fog lights, automatic air conditioning, automatic headlights, rear privacy glass, reversing camera and satellite navigation. It can also be specified with a power-retracting canvas Funroof and Toyota Safety Sense."

Ah ... I must have missed that!

Regardless I ordered my Aygo 3 months ago when prices, specs options and delivery of the face lift model were unknown to the dealer.  As I think I mentioned the "deal" was on the existing model within a certain time frame... not really a hard sell but more  of mutual benfit thing  (I get an early upgrade to better spec car at  practically at no cost and they shift some metal).

So still glad I did it....  the new model can wait for a few years when the dealer calls  me agaim with  "news of a great offer for selected customers"  😀