Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which car do I trade my Yaris in for ??

Nicdg178

Hi, I’d love a bit of honest opinion from other Toyota drivers !

im going to trade my yaris trend in .. I love the car but I made the mistake of buying a Cat D and since it cut out on me I’m nervous to drive it far. So I’m going to buy another Toyota but I’d like something reliable, sporty, spacey but nice to look at! Good on fuel would be a bonus as I drive a lot for my work. 

Any ideas would be great! 

Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Nicdg178 said:

im going to trade my yaris trend in .. I love the car but I made the mistake of buying a Cat D and since it cut out on me I’m nervous to drive it far.

Beware most traders won't take a write off in part exchange.  You'll probably get more by selling it privately - they used to be worth around the same as a one year older non-written off one, but perhaps things have changed since I last kept up.

Probably your best bet would be to get to the bottom of your cutting out problem and keep the car.

Ive tried .. the garage don’t know what’s wrong with it as no faults were flagged up! I don’t want to drive it anymore 😞

The fact it is a Cat D was probably why the Toyota dealer wouldn't repair the car under warranty, as the warranty would be void. If a dealer did accept the car as part exchange, it would go straight to auction. It is not old enough for the scrappage schemes. Could try someone like We buy any car (who are owned by British Car Auctions).

However, whichever way you go, you may lose money on it ...

Thank you. I’m booked in with them this afternoon !! I was just wondering what to go with next ! I did love the trend.

ive accepted I’m going to lose money on it. Lesson learned