Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Bluetooth SWC (2008)

paigerich

Ive looked but can't anything, so I apologise if it's already been asked. I've got an 08 Auris with the Toyota bluetooth SWC installed, I also have a Google Pixel with the latest Android on it. It pairs ok with the telephone side of things and it's works a treat BUT does anyone know whether using this system there is a way to connect the phone to play music instead of using a cable.

Thanks in advance

Do you need update your profile to include the Auris.

I haven't updated it....

Do I have to?

image.png.78c10a835020366d53254085ef9a2dc6.png 

I have it fitted to a 2007 model, but i don't have this mode, i hope you're more lucky.

Here's a link to full manual, music mode is pages 26/27 https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/{9CF1A963-55D6-F7C5-4D7B-32EFFD7E55D6}/BT_SWC_T_IHF1700M AOM 000 252-0 PZ420-T0290-EE.pdf?utm_source=ToyotaOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks

Thanks for you reply furtula, I'll have a look later when I get home from work. Looking at the manual that you attached, I'm with you, I haven't got it but I'll look later.

Thank you 🤞

Update to my post above, as i tried to use "music" in my car, and it would appear that i have it, as it wanted to pair a phone with code 1234, instead of 0000 which i used for calls.

Problem i got with this thing now, is i said music like 50 times, and only worked 2x, 1st when it wanted to pair, but i was driving, and it failed, 2nd time was when i turned bluetooth on, but it was already paired so it just connected. After that it just pretends it does not understand, or just uses redial. 

Please let me know how it goes with yours. Also, when you say help, does it list the music mode?

I've finally had chance to check and sadly mine doesn't have this function. Phone calls only.

What it does have is an iPod connection, already fitted, inside the top glove box. The only thing is I don't do Apple products. I just need to find a connection from that to my phone then I should be able to play/stream my music

Thanks again

Rich

There might be a way around this. I noticed my navigation has the option to stream notifications via car bluetooth, using a2dp,  it's masking it as a phone call, and works pretty good.

I saw couple of apps that say they do this, but never bothered with it honestly as i mostly prefer radio, except with longer trips.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links