Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric folding drivers side vandalised wing mirror question

Jikky

Hello iq people,some sick depraved saddo did this to my wing mirror last night,the mirror section is still working and is intact,would anybody know if an aftermarket mirror could be used to attach my mirror to ,has anybody else hadWP_20180609_006.thumb.jpg.3f94ebb7db7391ba46bdc8c14af9193b.jpg to do this?any advice would be most appreciated thank you.

all I can suggest is trying to get a replacement black plastic piece that fits on the door supporting the mirror (if they're sold separately) if there are any issues within the mirror could be costly as it's electrically folding too but is the same mirror as used on the previous model Prius and Verso. But yeah maybe find out the part number for the door mirror support from Toyota and look for an aftermarket part. Otherwise see if someones able to 3D print you a new part.

Some dealers will provide a price but not the part number, due to people asking for the information and then going elsewhere to buy the part.

It might be worth a try going to a bumper repair place and see if they can plastic weld it back together?

I don't know it the plastic would be suitable for this, but got to be worth finding out.

Had the same problem and found that Gorilla glue worked a treat on mine. I had to remove the triangular piece on the inside by the mirror and the the inner door panel  which involved undoing the screws that held the triangle, then undo 2 posidrive screws on the door shut handle and another one after pulling off a small panel under the catch lever and removing a screw under there, then remove the inner door panel to reach the electrical connector. Of course you could do this in situ if you have a couple of hours to spare and stand and hold it while it sets😃 They are not kidding when they say that the glue expands when setting so use sparingly if you do this and you may have to trim off the excess when dry

Del

Cheers for the replies all,a mechenic friend has used 2 pack bumper weld glue(dried in 5 minutes)its very strong but i dont think i can trust it to stay on ,whilst on the motorway,if it flys off i wouldnt like to be behind it,plus it will rip out the wiring !!toyota want £330 for the part,will order a generic £40 replacement mirror from eBay,,hopefully mine will fit onto it!Also im going to paint my mirror covers satin black,the chrome finish are too juicy a target for mirror snapping scum walking past my car at night(my neigbors new volvo was also broken the same night £600 for a replacement exc labour)will post a pic if it works!