Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid - on the highway?

Morton54

I bought a used Yaris Hybrid 2012 to my wife. Fun little card to drive around in the city. Very smooth. The  power distribution between the electro- and gas- engine seems to work very well for this kind of driving.  But how does this work on the highway? The manual says that the main engine takes over when going past 50 Km/h. Does this mean that the electro motor is never used at these speeds, even when accellerating on full throttle f.ex. when passing another vehicle?  75Hp is ok when the working together with the 60Hp electromotor, but not much for a 1.5L when working alone.

I have an Auris hydrid, which I guess is the same principle. On a motorway the car runs mainly on the petrol engine, with the electric cutting in and assisting up hills and when accelerating to overtake, so it appears to use both at these times.

Right. Probably identical systems.

I've asked this question before.

Cruising along at 70mph will be on the engine alone, but more power is available when the EV kicks in.  Set the screen to show the Energy Monitor and play around with different throttles and different speeds and different accelerations to see how it does it.

Mick.

Thanks Mick, i will try that. If my wife will just let me borrow it for an hour..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links