Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What buttons do what on MK1 RAV4 centre console

pastylover

Hi I've recently bought a 1999 RAV4 but unfortunately it doesn't have the original book in glovebox. I've seen a button on the centre console that looks similar to the heated window button. That one is further up so it's got me stumped can anyone help me please? 

If its the button I think you mean... it could be the four wheel drive 'lock' button.  it has an emblem marked on it with four small bars (representing the four wheels) and a larger central bar (representing the car body).  The button will light up when the 'lock' is engaged (engage at slow speed, i.e. below 15mph) when on snow or mud etc.  When you disengarge (at slow speed) it may take several seconds to unlock.  The car is in permanent four wheel drive but used through differencials for normal driving.  The lock position locks all four wheels with no differencial slip for increased traction.  It works well 🙂

I'm not familiar with your particular car but if it has climate control often there's a 'windscreen' button which increases the fan speed and directs the heater flow to the front screen.  Pressing it again returns the heater to the previous settings.

Aghhh, forgot about the climate and air-con versions. My Rav 4 Freesport does not have those; just the rear screen heater button, Hazard light and 'lock' buttons.  If your still having problems 'pastylover'... then perhaps a pic of the button in question may help? 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links