Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what is this called please...

domdotcom

I'm sure that it's supposed to have 3 pipes coming off it but I have only two coming off it as shown. And if it's supposed to have 3 pipes coming of it, can you show me a picture of where the top pipe goes to, please help thanks...

20180615_143830.jpg

20180615_143849.jpg

Assuming you have a 1Cd-Ftv engine, It looks extreamly like a VRV (Vaccum Regulating Valve).

Good news is that the broken post looks to be a vent/breather point, so its very unlikly to cause you any problems at all.

There is a thread on another forum with the same thing, and a great example of what looks to be the same broken port issue.
https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057369469 (
About 2/3 way down with a big picture of the same thing)

Their post:
"Right so I pulled out the E-VRV (VACUUM REGULATING VALVE) today.
Checked the continuity with an ohm meter as specified in the Toyota repair manuals. All the numbers are good, the only thing is it looks like one of the ports is snapped off.
Here's a photo how a good one should look:

mUcnrLC.jpg?1
Here's how mine looks:
7w12AQs.jpg?1
"

I wud call that a turbo boost valve. Supra-knight is probably calling it by it's correct name a VRV. And I agree with him, I think it's a little breather point and  not a problem for you. My advice is not to touch it and leave well alone, unless u are having power loss or limp mode problem's . 

Many thanks for the response and calmed me down as I thought something broke off but everything is fine with the motor.

many thanks again.

Dom.