Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Do you think that Aygo 2016s will get Apple CarPlay Update?

mjn2710

Hey everyone!

I've had my Toyota Aygo x-cite in cyan splash since Feb 2016 and I love it! The biggest let down though for me was the x-play multimedia system. Promises of screen mirroring etc fell flat when it turns out compaibility was with really old phones, and no amount of workarounds would allow me to use the feature.

Nevertheless, it always worked flawlessly for me with Google Play music and my Google Pixel, then Samsung Note 8.

I recently switched to the iPhone X and Google Play music behaves terribly. When I connect the phone, it plays through the phone Speakers for a bit of time before switching to the car audio. Attempting to skip a song causes it to completely glitch out and stop playing music. It's just not a nice experience at all. I've written it off as a compromise for the new phone.

Anyway, seeing that the Aygo Facelift 2018 (which I'll hopefully get next year) has got Apple CarPlay, I'm wondering if since the head unit looks identical, we might see an update come out that we can manually install? I guess maybe when someone gets their hands on the firmware?

Can anyone who knows more maybe suggest if the hardware would also have been updated, or if this is something a simple software update could fix?

Thanks in advance,

Unfortunately No the Apple car play/Android auto is not backwards compatible the New models with X-touch and X Nav are the same as previous models, the New models with ACP/AA have a new headunit with an added "talk" button on the head unit and can only be added as a factory option.

10toyotaaygo.jpg

In relation to this, do you think there will be an update to the “AppinCar” suggested in the Aygo handbook allowing newer phone models to be compatible with 2014-2018 models?

Unlikely, its upto Pioneer to update the AppinCar app and as they haven't included compatibility beyond iPhone 4S I doubt they are going to bother

Hi.  I've just got a new Aygo x-press with the "carplay" connection icon the same as in your picture above.  Can't get AppinCar to work and I find it hard to believe I would need an I-phone 4.  Do you have any idea how to get it to work?  I have seen demo videos on youtube so there must be a way, right?

Thanks in advance.  Malcolm.

Out of interest I found an old iPhone4, installed appincar and tried again.  Yes it does connect, but then shows only a blank icon-free screen!

Malcolm.

On 6/15/2018 at 8:37 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Unfortunately No the Apple car play/Android auto is not backwards compatible the New models with X-touch and X Nav are the same as previous models, the New models with ACP/AA have a new headunit with an added "talk" button on the head unit and can only be added as a factory option.

10toyotaaygo.jpg

What is the model number of this head unit? Can it be installed in the last generation Aygo?

2 hours ago, MalcolmParis said:

Out of interest I found an old iPhone4, installed appincar and tried again.  Yes it does connect, but then shows only a blank icon-free screen!

Malcolm.

Connecting an iPhone to an Aygo with X-touch ( pre carplay/android auto model ) requires a special lead, see:

https://www.gpsbusinessnews.com/Demonstration-of-Toyota-Aygo-iPhone-Apps-Mirroring_a4671.html

Yes. I read about this. But we have the latest (picked up a new generation car today) model. So don’t we have the Carplay version?  I guess not as the menus look identical to what you’ve posted. Cable from the dealer then??

thanks for your help. Malcolm. 

The revised X-Touch with Carplay is fitted in the facelifted Aygo which goes on sale in the UK from 1st July - http://blog.toyota.co.uk/fresh-looks-and-more-fun-for-the-2018-toyota-aygo

Your Aygo will be pre-facelift and won't have the revised X-Touch with Carplay.

No, it’s one of the very first facelift cars. With the 3D X, those odd plastic ‘tears’ and the new leds round the headlights.  I’d add a picture if I could figure out how!

edit, added a profile picture 

BD8152A5-7B2A-4B87-A5BE-2122EADF233F.jpeg

So you have a facelift, do you have "connectivity" there will be a "talk" button on the head unit? 

If you have the talk button then you have carplay

No talk button no carplay

Thanks. Got it. And there is no talk button. It looks the same as the pic you posted. So no CarPlay 😟

It tells me to install appincar. I did that. And it doesn’t work unfortunately.  Will ask the dealer about a cable. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think new version and revised version of Carplay is fitted in the facelifted Aygo 

• 1 year later...

Just installed the upgraded head unit in my Peugeot 108 (2015)

IMG-20190814-WA0015.jpeg

6 hours ago, remon1496 said:

Just installed the upgraded head unit in my Peugeot 108 (2015)

IMG-20190814-WA0015.jpeg

Can you do a guide on how to achieve this upgrade? please 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gesturth said:

Can you do a guide on how to achieve this upgrade? please 

It is as simple as popping the trim off, removing the vent plastic piece on top, remove the screw, unclick the cables and do all the steps in reverse order. Part I used is: 86140-YV020

• 2 months later...

Remon146,

can you tell me where you were able to get one of these replacement head units?

i have a 2018 Aygo, but no talk button. If it’s just a case of replacing the head unit, I just need to get one.

Rogue-Friday

eBay or gumtree, its called the X-touch new it around £2000 from a main dealer the post above yours has the part number

• 4 months later...

Got mine from b-parts.com. Cost me around 387€. Installation is easy, follow the step mentioned earlier.

On Youtube there is video on how to remove the headunit called: “Aygo radio ausbauen” by Jeskojesko. It’s in german, but it’s worth the watch if you’re gonna remove the headunit.