Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The yearly ordeal

fastbob72

Oh well,it has come around again.No amount of meditation,wishful thinking or convincing myself it just isn't true.It is.The car ran out of MOT on monday.

Ok,retest it then fool I hear you or someone anyway politely advising.Well yes,obviously but my ol' Avensis 1.8 Vermont vvti is now a stately 16 years old with 180,000 miles under her skirts and no matter how much I convince myself she's fit to take the test there's a nagging doubt in the back of my mind niggling away saying 'she's old,she's past it,this is the end for yer old motor hahahaha'.

Anyway,yesterday she went in for the scrutiny from hell and emerged needing no more than a side light bulb 🙂

Ok,that's not the whole story because I spent a good 3 or 4 weeks prior to the test going through every thing i could resultng in welding up some holes in the exhaust,new Wiper Blades and 2 tyres.....plus rewiring the rear o2 sensor (i.e reattatching the wires to the sensor which had frayed through and snapped) which has taken my avg fuel consumption from the 34-35 mpg before to 41 mpg since.

I did have to do some work to aquire my years ticket but as I said 16 years old and nearly 180,000 miles I don't think that was too bad 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Good for you.Hope its another year before you look up the old girls skirt again  😉

• Haha 2

Were there any minor/advisory items listed or was it a clean pass? 

• Like 1

Hope it went well, it can be like the day before an exam.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links