Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Hybrid carplayer aftermarket and rear cam

jordic4rs

Hi all,

I decided to install in my yaris a new carplayer 

I choosed this one http://www.witson.com/en/displayproduct.html?proID=102907537

IMG_20180609_105806_1.thumb.jpg.1ef6e58fa5430fd44abd2dfe98018af0.jpg

Everything is working fine except the rear camera 

For the camera, I have 4 cables:

- black for video+

- white for video-

- red for power+

- grey for power-

Between red and grey I have 6v

I have connected a cable from the rear light to the carplayer to switch in rear mode, it works. I also use the cable to power the camera with a convertissor 12v-->6v  and connected it on the red and grey cables but I never have an image

Is anyone opf you have an idea??

Thank you

Hi, why have you dropped the voltage to 6v??  Check you have the correct video input connected. Sometimes one conn is for rear and one for front (if fitted).

Hello 

The camera of the most of Japanese car needs 6v

I found my problem this morning. 

I used the wrong ground. I changed it and now it's OK. 

Just the quality of the image is not very good but I thing that's the problem comes from the connectors 

Is it legal for a driver, in the driving seat to see a screen showing t.v., video etc.?

If not, then it has to be dangerous if the vehicle is moving!

1 minute ago, mrpj said:

Is it legal for a driver to see a screen showing t.v., video etc.?

As far as I'm aware, not in the UK but France, where the OP resides, may be different.

Hello, 

It's not legal when you drive, tv is just for lunch time at work. 

I will use hybrid assistant and Waze when I will be on road

3 hours ago, Jordic4r said:

Hello, 

It's not legal when you drive, tv is just for lunch time at work. 

I will use hybrid assistant and Waze when I will be on road

Maybe not, but in the U.K. it is illegal to have the screen (capable of showing t.v., video, d.v.d. etc.) visible from the driver's seat. I'm not privvy to where the poster lives other than "Other/Non-UK"

The temptation is there, whatever the law says! The split screen in the picture shows what is probably a rugby match and navigation which suggests they might well be on the move. Why have a navigation display screen if you are static?

I'd suspect the law is similar in France too?

Seeings as it's an Android, and i see small white line in between, which leads me to believe you can have 2 apps on screen, and he just happened to have those 2 there.

It's illegal to have SW that can play videos while moving, but while you are static it should be fine and some factory cars come with this option, however as soon as you start moving they would stop playing the movie/video.

Seeing as this is a product made in China, i doubt they cared much about that rule.

The unit looks good, would you say the picture is blurry?

Maybe the lens is dirty, or you should try to adjust turning the head of the lens to try to zoom in/out and get best picture.

This split screen was to show a friend that I can have 2 differenst app in the same time and for the test at home I put a TV channel. When I will have my obdlink, I will have on one side hybrid assistant and on this other Waze. 

Regarding the image, I think it's a problem with my connectors. When I use the factory carplayer, the image is ok. When the Chinese car player, I have white line on it. 

So I think I will try to find better connectors, but already very happy to have found the solution 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links