Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Vibration

yarisstarbank

Hi All,

I recently had a service done for my Yaris. Service included the oil , air filter , spark plug and oil filter being changed. I also had the brake disc changed aswell.

The car starts fine but there is vibration coming through the pedals and the steering wheel.

It becomes very tiring after a while to drive due to the vibration running through the car.

Car is a 2003 (53 Reg) Toyota Yaris

Mileage 116k

Any Ideas what could be causing the issue?

Moved to the Yaris club.

maybe one of the spark plugs if they just been changed

I got the spark plugs from the local auto shop. they were the NGK brand on.

I have used these before and have had no issues.

it will probably be just one of the plugs that is causing the vibration not all of them, def first thing to check.

might be a bad gap or bad connection in the coil pack/wire, check the gaps and spray some contact cleaner

Just now, monkeydave said:

it will probably be just one of the plugs that is causing the vibration not all of them, def first thing to check. and are you sure they are the right part number ngk plugs

might be a bad gap or bad connection in the coil pack/wire, check the gaps and spray some contact cleaner

I always check the continuity of new spark plugs between the terminal and centre core, and the resistivity between the terminal and outer electrode.

Only ever had to reject one, much to the disbelief of the motor factor.

Found a few more since dealing with vintage cars.

I got the mechanic to check the Coil Pack and that seems fine.

One mechanic suggested doing a smoke test to check for any leaks/holes. £40 he said he would charge. Is this OK?

Could it be the throttle body which needs clean?

Cleaning the throttle body does improve idle noise. Though a clutch and break fluid change does reduce vibrations in these pedals. Though I also had a pulsing vibration in brakes which I solved through a controversial method....

But a smoke test they put smoke into the throttle body, so worth checking the air filter and throttle body, not sure if they remove the air filter before the smoke test. But to clean the throttle body you need an air intake cleaner, make sure it is the right one there is a petrol and diesel cleaner.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links