Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Aygo reviews.

FROSTYBALLS

• 2 weeks later...

Now on Toyota website  and available to configure. Unless i'm missing something you can't add a fun roof, nav and full leather to the X-Clusive ...... seems odd.

For me, the configurator wasn't working properly - not allowing options to be added. So may be an issue with the website.

8 hours ago, Dark Matter said:

Now on Toyota website  and available to configure. Unless i'm missing something you can't add a fun roof, nav and full leather to the X-Clusive ...... seems odd.

Frosty, this is what I thought too? I am interested in buying a white one but I want the full leather and fun roof. The wife’s Verso is in tomorrow for a service so I will ask. 

Just now, AYGOSTU said:

Frosty, this is what I thought too? I am interested in buying a white one but I want the full leather and fun roof. The wife’s Verso is in tomorrow for a service so I will ask. 

I can add nav though on the configuratior. Athough the Apple car play maps will be my preference and use maps from phone. That’s what I have been waiting for. 

8 hours ago, Dark Matter said:

You can't spec them because they are not an option on x-clusive, funroof is only available on x-plore , Nav cannot be fitted with connectivity (carplay/android auto) which is standard on x-clusive and Full leather is not listed for any model

12 minutes ago, AYGOSTU said:

What Trim level are you looking to order?

7 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

For me, the configurator wasn't working properly - not allowing options to be added. So may be an issue with the website.

What Trim are you looking at Frosty?

Hi Lee

Looked at the X-play and the X-clusiv. The configurator showed the exterior colours, the option packs and other accessories for the X-play, but only allowed one to choose the exterior colour for the X-clusiv.

6 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hi Lee

Looked at the X-play and the X-clusiv. The configurator showed the exterior colours, the option packs and other accessories for the X-play, but only allowed one to choose the exterior colour for the X-clusiv.

X-play has optional Nav and TSS

Where as there are no Options on X-clusive at all, the only choices being:

Black/silver bitone

Blue/black bitone ( blue burst is exclusive to x-clusive )

Silver/black bitone

and transmissions

I have attached a quick spreadsheet i've created to try and simplify the specs

MC2018 AYGO.xlsx

3 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

What Trim level are you looking to order?

Hi Lee, I would like a high spec model, in white and red trim (like he press car & andverts, I really like that) with leather, car play and fun roof (if possible) . so high spec in whatever model that configuration allows.

I'm going to take a look at the new x-clusiv, as I feel like I want to change my 2014 x-clusiv now. I've been considering the Suzuki Ignis SZ5 and last gen Kia Picanto Sport.

17 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

You can't spec them because they are not an option on x-clusive, funroof is only available on x-plore , Nav cannot be fitted with connectivity (carplay/android auto) which is standard on x-clusive and Full leather is not listed for any model

Exactly

That's why it's odd.

The X-clusive is the top of the range model that should surely have  full  leather to distinguish it from the rest of the range.  

Fun roof - yeah OK ... that may come later as an option to other models  in some sort of  "special edition" . But it's still a bit baffling  that you can have it on an X-plore  but not X-Clusive as they are  basically the same cars moving  down the same production line. May be more of a Marketing thing  to make the X-plore appeal to a  different demographic than the X-clusive.   More so than any  production limitation.

Not sure what the carplay/android auto limitation on nav means. Is the presumption that  you will use Google Maps and mirror the phone on the car's display?

Hope not ... I can think of half a dozen reason why that won't work as well as a stand alone SD card based system.

53 minutes ago, Dark Matter said:

Not sure what the carplay/android auto limitation on nav means. Is the presumption that  you will use Google Maps and mirror the phone on the car's display?

Hope not ... I can think of half a dozen reason why that won't work as well as a stand alone SD card based system.

For comparison, the Suzuki Ignis SZ5 supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and has in-built satnav. It also uses a Pioneer based system. 

20 hours ago, AYGOSTU said:

Hi Lee, I would like a high spec model, in white and red trim (like he press car & andverts, I really like that) with leather, car play and fun roof (if possible) . so high spec in whatever model that configuration allows.

High spec is a matter of personal opinion ( see my list for specs ) however the only cars meeting your requirements are:

X-press in white with red trim, however this model does not have leather or fun roof as standard or options navigation or connectivity ( carplay/android auto ) is optional also limited to 2500 cars in 2018

X-plore in white this does not have red trim or leather but can have a fun roof also has Navigation but not Connectivity ( carplay/android auto )

X-clusive not available in white or with fun roof but does have partial leather interior and standard Connectivity ( carplay/android auto )

Saw a new Aygo tonight on my way home from work. It was a red one. The new DRLs look nice. From the side and the rear in passing you can easily mistake it for the previous design.

I priced up a 2018 auto x-clusiv earlier on the website and it came in at around £15,500 and I couldn't find a parking sensor option. I'm going to pass at that price. It's not different enough from my 2014 and year old rival cars can be had for a better price with a slightly better spec and in some cases on the old, cheaper tax banding. I might consider the new Aygo when it's a year old or maybe I'll get lucky with an ex-demo again.

6 hours ago, Dark Matter said:

Exactly

That's why it's odd.

The X-clusive is the top of the range model that should surely have  full  leather to distinguish it from the rest of the range.  

Fun roof - yeah OK ... that may come later as an option to other models  in some sort of  "special edition" . But it's still a bit baffling  that you can have it on an X-plore  but not X-Clusive as they are  basically the same cars moving  down the same production line. May be more of a Marketing thing  to make the X-plore appeal to a  different demographic than the X-clusive.   More so than any  production limitation.

Everything is a marketing decision to be fair, Toyota have to juggle expectation, demand, availabilities and pricing all the time and everyones expectation of what should be included or available varies constantly.

Uptake of funroof has always been low and it adds production delay when made optional, expected uptake of x-plore is expected to be lower than x-clusive so making the roof available here has less impact on production and delay

Uptake of leather where it was not fitted as standard was also low and it adds production delay when optional and whilst previous x-clusive did have full leather Toyota have added Connectivity and TSS as standard and to keep pricing viable reduced the leather to Partial rather than full

The new Connectivity ( carplay/android auto ) is more than just updated software the hardware is all new and as the navigation will come from the superior Apple/google maps ( soon be able to use Google maps on carplay as well ) the optional to add the original Navigation hardware has not been included. 

I agree uptake of the roof is low. Other than my car I've  never seen another Aygo with that option. 

Contrast with soft top Fiat 500 that seem to be everywhere. 

Marketing !

It is kind of expensive on a "budget car" like the Aygo and many would understandably think it a pointless thing to have with aircon. 

Only a fondness for open top cars and a moment of madness made me tick the option list.

I'm glad I did particularly as the sun hasn't really stopped shining since the day I picked it up!

In fact of late it is so damn hot the roof stays closed and the aircon  keeps the cabin very comfortable indeed. A misconception that convertibles are lovely when the sun is blazing down.  They aren't. 

But.

A lovely summer evening ... particularly when it's getting dark .... fantastic.