Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius gen 4 Headlights adjustment for driving in Europe

CONSTANTIN.NICODIM

Hello prius owners, 

I m a fresh owner of prius gen 4 (2018) , i travel a lot in europe and soon i will make first trip on the continent ; anyone took prius gen4 abroad? How can i adjust headlights for lhd?  Older cars i had wasn't with led technology and i used deflectors, last car was an insignia with afl and wasn't necessary to do something before to cross over in France. If anyone went abroad with the new prius or have knowledge about this please help, my journey is soon. Thanks.

Hi Constantin, welcome to TOC ☺️

You don't need to do anything. Enjoy your new car.

I asked Toyota this question and they told me that the dipped lights cast a fairly flat beam so there is no need for adjustment.

Since receiving that advice I've driven several thousand miles in France, Germany and Spain and have never once been flashed by oncoming motorists.

If they have a flat beam pattern, then nothing is required. 

Thanks guys , seems to be true what i found out about this led lights system, don't  need anything:) 

• 1 year later...

I'm driving a 2016 prius through France and it's got LED headlights do I still need reflectors?

I asked Toyota this very same question and they said it depends whether your headlamps have a flat beam which I felt was extraordinarily unhelpful but couldn't be bothered following it up. So I played safe and stuck some deflectors on the car and proceeded to drive my 2016 Gen 4 through Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany and France without any problems.  The issue for me wasn't so much actually dazzling other drivers and getting flashed as getting pulled by an overzealous Continental policeman (or woman). If I had written confirmation from Toyota that I didn't need deflectors I'd have happily done without deflectors safe in the knowledge that I could waft said confirmation under their nose, but absent that I didn't fancy risking an on the spot fine. I reckon I'd probably have been fine, but I'm risk averse, basically.

I'm pretty sure my lamps do have a flat beam and would not dazzle, given the very sharply cut off pattern on the road, and on my garage door, but I feel that my being pretty sure is unlikely to cut much mustard with the Gendarmerie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links