Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla runx lift bolts again

Devo2zz

hinguys I drive a Corolla runx z aero jdm with the 2zzge engine, now the car is hitting lift at 6200rpm and I can feel the increase in power right up to 8200, anyway I read up about Pre 2003 2zzs with lift bolts broken, anyway I went to change mine the other day and one of them was broken, I changed the other one, now the car is e having lift at 6200 every time, no lag no intermittent engagement, it lifts every time I hit 6200, I read up people saying with a broken bolt it won’t lift but mine defineitly is, I feel like just leaving the car as it is, I need help/opinions please tx

They are cheap from the dealership, called "Flange Bolts" you will need 2 as they are sold as singles. Look on YouTube for videos on replacement if you are keen on doing it yourself, pretty simple TBH.

Ye cheers but that’s what I was saying I was doing it myself but one bolt was broke I had the parts but my car is still hitting lift and it’s a right pain I think to get the broken one out 

Sorry my bad, didn't read your post properly. I take they have never been changed then and seeing as its a 2001, it might still have the original bolts rather than the newer better tapered bolts? Has the piece broken after the threads or half way with the threads? Unfortunately this was one of the biggest headaches you can run into as some have resorted to completely removing camshafts if the rocker shaft has moved out as the lift bolts are the only thing that holds them in place and keeps it aligned, but you still hit lift so you may be lucky and you rocker shafts are still aligned and in place. You can look online as some Celica guys had this common issue, Also which side has the bolt broken, intake or exhaust?

It will involve somehow carefully drilling a small hole and getting an extractor of some sort to fish the broken piece out, while you don't damage the hole and threads, and without getting swarf everywhere. Have a research online you will definitely find posts with in depth pictures and videos of others having the same issue and hopefully it will be some help and give you an idea on how to remove it. Good Luck and let us know if you manage to remove it! Attach a pic also would also be cool :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links