Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Underside engine tray required

Norfolkinchance

My 2007 Auris 2.0 D-4D has a split undertray engine cover and I want to replace it, Toyota want £350+ to replace  it..... NO CHANCE OF THAT....any Help please.

Live in Norfolk.

I bought a hard plastic one off eBay for £40 brand new take a little tweaking to fit as a couple of the holes didn't quite line up .... But saved alot and it's a much more robust bit of kit. 

Isn't there any way you could repair it? I've used hot melt glue and pop rivets for this sort of thing in the past. I appreciate that it might have been scraped away if it's been hitting the road, but one chopped-up black bucket will supply all the patches you might need. :cool:

(Happened to me once on a Citroen Xantia - it took me ages to find out where the scraping noise on the motorway was coming from. Cos it was only at high speeds that the tray bellied out and scraped the tarmac.) :laugh:

A bit of some scrap aluminium and screws, or even better some rivets and you're good to do.

The aftermarket ones are cheap, but they can deform in shape overtime, which wont matter since it's under the engine, but should pay attention when parking.

That's how i managed to shear all mounting points for mine, so i remade them from some scrap aluminium.

• 6 months later...
On 6/22/2018 at 6:02 AM, smudge-1991 said:

I bought a hard plastic one off eBay for £40 brand new take a little tweaking to fit as a couple of the holes didn't quite line up .... But saved alot and it's a much more robust bit of kit. 

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but can you remember which undertray you got from eBay? There are several identical-looking ones but some say they don't fit the Auris 2.0 D-4D. 😕

Does anyone know if the 2007 1.6 petrol Auris has a plastic underside tray? I had my oil changed today and there was no underside tray, but i thought i had one. 

I actually need to get a replacement under tray, will check prices at toyota and look at option 2 as well.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

On 1/13/2019 at 12:24 AM, ziauris said:

Does anyone know if the 2007 1.6 petrol Auris has a plastic underside tray? I had my oil changed today and there was no underside tray, but i thought i had one. 

Same year/engine, i dont have the under tray. I'm inclined to think it does not have one because the open space is rather small, and it was always serviced at a Toyota dealer, but there is no mention of under tray replacement, but i did see smaller things being billed to previous owner.

I dont plan on ever getting one, but you can check http://www.japan-parts.eu/ for it, enter your vin number, and it should list parts for it.

Do let us know if you find it.

Well, after all traders saying they can't get an undertray to fit the 2.0 D-4D I took a punt and bought one for the 1.4 D-4D off eBay and guess what, it fits perfectly! All the holes line up and it has the inspection panels for sump and filter in the right place. It's much tougher than the original and an added bonus is that it holds the inner wheelarch linings firmly in place as well. 

I suspect there is actually only one tray for the Auris as they list the same one for all petrol models as well. Even the makers in Poland don't list one for the 2.0 D-4D so perhaps they didn't sell it there?

Anyway, I feel happier that the engine/transmission/ancillaries are now better protected from all the salt they are about to dump on our roads. 😊

• 4 years later...

Hello guys 

Do you think that any of the diesel undertray cover can fit any type of engine?

For example would it fit a 1.33 petrol engine?

I was thinking about getting one

9 hours ago, BlackAuris said:

Hello guys 

Do you think that any of the diesel undertray cover can fit any type of engine?

For example would it fit a 1.33 petrol engine?

I was thinking about getting one

Hi, 

you can find your engine car and the donor’s one here and compare both parts numbers and how they look, can make your mind if they are exchangeable . https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota