Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reversing camera

Bob110023

Hi Everyone.  On my Auris Hybrid Business  Edition 2016 when in reverse the camera just keeps bleeping with no indication of when you are getting closer to an object. I was thinking of getting reversing sensors fitted to work along side the camera. Has anyone else done this. Thank you.

I know its a 2010 Prius, nota 2016 Auris, but the reverse camera in mine shows a red line - go closer then the red line and you are VERY close to bump!  Doesn't yours have a red line. Mine also has green lines indicating width, so when reversing as long as the green lines don't cross over into the space to the side (either side) then reversing into a gap should be without incident.

Hi Joe. Thank you for your reply. Yes you are right I have all the usual indications, but I suppose that I have been spoilt my last car had both sensors and camera so while I was checking the front end and wing mirrors I could still listen to the bleep. 😱

Hi, I have fitted reverse sensors to our car for the same reason as you stated.  I did not use the Toyota kit, I bought a kit off Amazon and fitted it myself.  As ours is the pre-face-lifted model they happen to match the Toyota ones perfectly.

The endless beeping when the car has reverse selected is actually a safety warning that Toyota think you need, rather than any indication of an impending crunch detected by the camera .  Naturally you don't need a warning just to endlessly tell you that you are in reverse,  and it just destroys the quiet whilst you are parking the car.  It can be changed to a single beep that sounds once when reverse is first engaged, but only by a Toyota dealer, it takes just a few minutes, and is done via their diagnostic computer.

Thank you for the info Gerg.

You are very welcome.

There are other parameters that can be changed by the dealer, they are listed in chapter '8-2 Customization' in the owners manual (for mine anyway); the number of flashes that the indicators flash when you nudge them, for instance, (3, 5 or 7 flashes), and adjusting the 'follow me home' headlamp duration etc.

There is a software bug that possibly affects changing the reversing beep on your (2016) car, the menu option fails to work properly, but there is a Toyota technical bulletin that the dealers should have that explains a simple work-around on how to do it anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links