Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Conditioning failed a few days after regassing - 2002 RAV4

eddiey1

Hi I have a petrol 2002 RAV 4. The air conditioning stopped cooling a couple of weeks ago so took it to my local independent. They regassed the system, added new PAG oil and did a UV Dye leak test and pressure test. Has worked fine for 4 days, then today, on what is a very warm day, the air con seems to have failed. When I switch on the air con button there is a slight rattling sound as the compressor kicks in but no other noises. Is this a common problem or could it be one of several things? If it needed it, are the air con compressors expensive to service or should I look to get a reconditioned one off eBay? Any help would be much appreciated...

The first thing to establish is whether it has, once again, lost the refrigerant.  As you have dye in the system, it should be possible to spot the site of a leak.

If the aircon was refilled only two weeks ago - return the car to whoever did the job.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:25 PM, IanML said:

The first thing to establish is whether it has, once again, lost the refrigerant.  As you have dye in the system, it should be possible to spot the site of a leak.

Thanks - couldn't see anything myself

On 6/27/2018 at 1:02 AM, gjnorthall said:

If the aircon was refilled only two weeks ago - return the car to whoever did the job.

It's gone back there - hopefully not too drastic a repair required....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links