Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla ke70 won't idle

Baten

Hi, so i have a 1982 Corolla ke70 that i recetly bought. The problem with it has that it did not idle at all.

According to the seller who is a known Toyota guy the carb were at fault and needed to be changed. So he sent me a brand new aftermarkt carb which i mounted, but the problem is still present. It idles if i got the choke pulled out when its warm and warmish. We have tried adjusting the fuel mixture without it getting any better. Tried adjusting the ignition aswell. At low rpm's it want to die and is spitting, but on higher revs it runs great.

Me and My Friends think its a fuel issue but we dont know what. Anyone got any ideas?

Check all air hoses for leaks. Tighten up the air hoses if loose.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:17 PM, Baten said:

Hi, so i have a 1982 Corolla ke70 that i recetly bought. The problem with it has that it did not idle at all.

According to the seller who is a known Toyota guy the carb were at fault and needed to be changed. So he sent me a brand new aftermarkt carb which i mounted, but the problem is still present. It idles if i got the choke pulled out when its warm and warmish. We have tried adjusting the fuel mixture without it getting any better. Tried adjusting the ignition aswell. At low rpm's it want to die and is spitting, but on higher revs it runs great.

Me and My Friends think its a fuel issue but we dont know what. Anyone got any ideas?

Just a suggestion, but, spitting and the other symptoms you mention could be because of something like inlet gasket not sealing, extra air being drawn in weakening mixture

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links